$700 Micro ATX Gaming Budget Build

Exquisitee

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Rosewill FBM-01 Dual Fans MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

SAPPHIRE 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL

ASUS P8H67-M LE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52400

TOTAL: $685.92

Basically i dont wont a big bulky case, i wont a small low profile one since im in college. Only game i really play is world of warcraft and some betas sometimes.

Approximate Purchase Date: (e.g.: this week (the closer the better))

Budget Range: $700) Before Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: , gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS)
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to use an AMD CPU & Biostar mobo with a 24" LCD and full tower case)

Overclocking: NOOOOOO

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080p

I want a small case. And i normally stick to asus MBs, intel cpus, corsair cpus, gskill ram, and amd gpus. Those are the brands i trust, and the ones that worked the best for me in all my past builds.

Exquisitee

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

[strike]Well i do plan on overcloking it later, when i move out my dorms. SO i wanted to n kinda future proof it. When i move out im going to get a bigger case. I would hate to try and overclock in a small case where it will possibily overheat.[/strike]But overall thats a nice build. Although i kinda get a discount on Asus boards, so im going to go with an asus board. Although the usb 3.0 on that motherboard is nice for futreproofing. And that case looks real nice. Doesnt have all the colorful leds and looks a little professional.

madchemist83

Distinguished

I have a friend who bought several o the case above, it's apparently awesome, there was never a 6870 in it so throw in an extra case fan. (awesome for the price)

Exquisitee

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

Thanks!
I guess i forgot to edit my post, i had kept the orginal case (the HEC one). I compared it besides the rosewill one and thought it looked much better lol.

And thanks for that tigerdirect heads up.

I suspect you are right .

I also suspect that using a too cheap case , with limited ventilation will run the computer too hot and lead to instability , so I think he needs to find a case he likes that is suitable for gaming . Not just a cheap m-ATX case

The HEC case you posted above has no obvious front air inlet , and only a single small 80 mm fan at the rear .

For a gaming computer its an over heating problem waiting to happen

Exquisitee

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

Wow, thats a very nice case. May look way worst then the HEC and Rosewill cases, but that USB 3.0 and the fans are pretty nice.

Although my little brother who occasionally visits is OCD, and he might go crazy seeing how the top fan on it isnt centered. And when i say crazy, i really mean crazy lol.

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
Wow, this is a nice build. I was trying to build one for $500 but for 200 more getting this would be much more worth it.

Does anyone know if this would overheat easily even if you dont plan on overclocking, in a micro atx case?