Will this fit? (ASUS EAH6950 2GB in Various Cases)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apark301

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hi Community,

Wondering if anyone has experience with this graphics card [ASUS EAH 6950 2GB] and the following cases:

Antec 900
Antec 1200
Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
Cooler Master Storm Sniper

Just need to know if it fits or not, since this card takes up almost three PCI slots and is 11.7' x 5'. Also, if you do own the card and one of these particular cases, if you ran into airflow problems.

Thank you

Solution
I don't own any of those cases but know that most modern cases are designed to accommodate large GPUs.
As for air flow, you can always adjust fan speeds and/or fan positions plus add more fans to the case to optimize air flow.
I have an old generic case with same card with no heat issues. @ idle temps run 10c to 14c above room temp. & 30c to 35c over room @ load, with clocks set @ 890/1375 +20% power setting.
Hope that helps.
Edit; This review has the Storm Sniper; http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-computer-case,2579.html
An included fan controller and number of optional fans would be a plus in my book.

jeepster50

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
I don't own any of those cases but know that most modern cases are designed to accommodate large GPUs.
As for air flow, you can always adjust fan speeds and/or fan positions plus add more fans to the case to optimize air flow.
I have an old generic case with same card with no heat issues. @ idle temps run 10c to 14c above room temp. & 30c to 35c over room @ load, with clocks set @ 890/1375 +20% power setting.
Hope that helps.
Edit; This review has the Storm Sniper; http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-computer-case,2579.html
An included fan controller and number of optional fans would be a plus in my book.

Solution

apark301

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hey everyone,

So I did get the ASUS EAH6970 and put it in a Sabertooth P67 inside a Antec Lanboy Air. It does all fit, but be careful because the EAH6970 will cover up the SATA 3/6 slots unless you are using the cord horizontally [in which do not put the SSD at the bottom of the computer otherwise you won't be able to connect it]. If you are thinking of using a EAH6970, please get a mobo that is extended length and has a x16 slot over 3 slots away (aka [X] [] [] [] [X]) otherwise you'll have horrible cooling or the card may not even fit. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.