Closed Solved

PSU for XFX 6850 Black Edition

First I wanted to buy the 6790 but many people have told me to go for the 6850 so I was hoping to save some money by buying a 500w psu instead of the 600 one
Here is the link about the psu so will it be sufficent for 6850 Black Edition.
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=3738&category_id=30

My rig is:

i3 530 2.9ghz
dh55tc motherboard
4gb ram
400w power supply(going to buy a new one along the card)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6850 black edition
  1. The power supply is something that you don't want to overlook as it is the most important piece in your rig. What are you willing to spend for a power supply?
  2. jonpaul37 said:
    The power supply is something that you don't want to overlook as it is the most important piece in your rig. What are you willing to spend for a power supply?

have you looked at the link
  3. yes, i looked at the link, there was no price listed and Coolermaster is not known for the best power supplies. Give me a price range that you are willing to spend on a power supply and i will assist you in locating a good quality power supply.
  4. jonpaul37 said:
    yes, i looked at the link, there was no price listed and Coolermaster is not known for the best power supplies. Give me a price range that you are willing to spend on a power supply and i will assist you in locating a good quality power supply.

This particular psu is priced as 3700 in my currency while my range is 4000. 1$=85 of my currency so my range is about 30$
  5. Best answer
    Well, I know that the minimum power requirement for most 6850's is 500-watt so you should be ok with that power supply you listed.
  6. Best answer selected by BilalAthar.
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies Graphics