Sign in with
Your question

Help with XFX radeon 6950 2 GB

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 8, 2011 4:31:19 PM

I purchased a second XFX Radeon HD 6950 2 GM card to enable crossfire and I cant even run DIRT 3 that came with the card on medium settings without the screen skipping. Isnt this supposed to be top of the line card to make gaming run better? I have Intel Core I7-965 processor extreme edition, Vista-32 bit Asus P6T Deluxe motherboard 1250 W power, and coolant on top of that. My 3dmark benchmark 11 score w/ both cards is P8264. So I am guessing something is terribly wrong, except I cant figure out what. I reinstalled windows after rewritting my harddrive, have all the latest window upgrade files. Downloaded the latest graphics driver from ATI, I have catlyst installed. Not sure what else to do to make my graphics card function the way it is supposed to. ticket on xfx help desk is still on hold.

More about : xfx radeon 6950

July 8, 2011 4:34:21 PM

There is an install or system problem. A single 6950 2GB can max out Dirt 3 at up to 1200p at least. I think Dirt 3 is actually easier on the system than Dirt 2 was.

Your 3dmark11 score looks about right, maybe a little on the low side, depending on OCing.
m
l
!