Best graphics card under $50 for gtaIV

Hi, Im building a dual core computer next week when my parts get here next week.I need a decent video card for around $50. Im looking for a pci-express card, I said for gta IV because im a big fan of the game and heard the pc version has better graphics than the console and modifications to improve the graphics. All the other games im planning to play are definitively older than gta iv and less graphics intensive. If anyone could shoot me a good card it would be well appreciated.
14 answers Last reply
More about best graphics card gtaiv
  1. Honestly, I do not think there is a graphics card that can handle gta IV or atleast at stable fps. I may not be correct, but I have never heard of such a cheap in price gpu that can run such a graphics intense game.
  2. Let me revise, I understand now looking at prices under $50 is pushing it but I see a good amount of video cards around $53 that seem pretty nice, I guess im not glued to under $50 but not over $80
  3. A 5570 or 5670 will play it on high on small resolutions. I've seen a couple vids of it playing at 720p on youtube.
  4. If you'll go up to $80, probably the best you'll do (barring any deals; keep your eyes open) would be something like a HD5670. This one is $60 if you play the rebate game and win: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102871
  5. Sorry my mistake. I thought you said a graphics card under $50 and I was surprised haha.
  6. these are as close to 50 bucks as i found.

sapphire hd 5570 - $60 before rebate
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102874&cm_re=hd_5570-_-14-102-874-_-Product

and a powercolor hd 5570 for 55 bucks, no rebate
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131342&cm_re=hd_5570-_-14-131-342-_-Product

spending a little more can get you a lot more power. there are some really good 5670 cards on tigerdirect for around 70 dollars.
  7. Im probably going to go with the powercolor hd 5570 or something similar really digging the direct x 11 for the price, but ATI works better with amd processors right? So if I were using this on a intel core 2 duo or something would the performance be dramatically changed??
  8. nick155 said:
    Im probably going to go with the powercolor hd 5570 or something similar really digging the direct x 11 for the price, but ATI works better with amd processors right? So if I were using this on a intel core 2 duo or something would the performance be dramatically changed??

No, it does not matter if your processor is Intel and your card is an AMD. You'll get the same performance.
  9. the good thing about it is that its ddr3. which will perform better than the ddr2 versions.
  10. Just FYI you will never actually be able to use any DX11 features with the 5570, it may support them but it's too slow to game with them turned on.
  11. Best bet is to up the GPU budget to $120 or so.....opens up cards that can actually give nice framerates at decent resolutions.

GTX460(1gb) on sale, with rebate, is sometimes only $120....awesome performance for the price....
  12. I have a 6950 and only get choppy 30 fps whith everything turned up so the cards you would see at that price and an older CPU might not give you a good experience but good luck. I would save up for a $100 5770 at least
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product