problem with hp 7550

zx3chris

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2003
hi, i am having problems getting windows xp to print on my hewlett packard 7550.. i tried installing and uninstalling the drivers several times, both thruough the disk i have, the online file and doing with each file manually through the device manager... in each case it does not work. under device manager, the printer is seen, with no errors, and under printers it is there and says ready. however, when u print, the file spools up--goes away (as if it was printed) and the printer just sits there.. there is no error message.. If u disconenct the USB cable, windows acknowledge the printer was removed, and when u reconnect it, it sees that it is back, it just will not print. The printer also has a memmory card slot, and when i put a memmory card in the slot -- it works, so the usb cable is working, and the printer is working.. Printing a test page from the printer works. but i cannt print from windows.. also, if i try to go into page setup under the printer from any program, a windows pops up for a 1/2 second and goes away---- this problem is very aggravating and i cannot solve it.. any help is appreciated, thanks.

-chris

M39shadow

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2003
Check which port the printer is set to print to inthe printer properties Ports tab. If it isn't set to use the correct port (USB001 virtual port) the problem your reporting will occur.