Internet speed dropped after re-install

PrAmok

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
Recently i had to re-install my OS and now my speed has dropped to 200Kbit/s from 1.3Mbit/s. Im not sure why it happened but i installed my drivers for the Realtek LAN and it still doesn't work correctly. All the other PC's in the house work fine. Not sure where else to look, im more of a hardware guy rather than Networking.

All help is greatly appreciated.

G

What's the picture in Device Manager -- yellow flagged, resource conflicts ? Have you updated the driver from the motherboard maker's site or from Realtek ?

Worst comes to worst, buy a PCI network adapter for peanuts that comes with a driver disc -- then either disable the Realtek or let them coexist..

PrAmok

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
What's the picture in Device Manager -- yellow flagged, resource conflicts ? Have you updated the driver from the motherboard maker's site or from Realtek ?

Worst comes to worst, buy a PCI network adapter for peanuts that comes with a driver disc -- then either disable the Realtek or let them coexist..
Its not flagged and it is updated by windows 7 if I recall. I went to my Mobo manufacturers site and downloaded the only thing i could find for my Ethernet NIC.

I will look for exact drivers for it in the meantime, thing is I never did it in the first place...

G

Win7 may have updated itself at some point and changed things. See if the driver on the Realtek site is newer than the one from the mobo maker.