Solution
For good multitasking on a budget I can highly recommend the Athlon II X4 quads. In motherboard terms, I'm an Asus user for life. Even their budget AM3 boards are great value for money.

Hope this helps.

omgpro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

Nope the older model as you say in the link was what my old PC had before it broke awhile back, im on a $400 budget(nz currency) and plan on getting a new PC with the first motherboard I listed above. Building my own PC is way out of my league as I know next to nothing about even building one/or have the tools for.

Thanks for clarifying which motherboard was older though, I just wanted to make sure the new budget pc im getting is better than the one that broke in the past.

omgpro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

Mainly watching videos on youtube highest quality, watching hd movies specifically matroska files on vlc player, playing an mmorpg called Runescape on max detail and maybe some video editing/recording of Runescape gameplay. I just want the pc to be able to multitask all these applications without lagging/crashing.

I was originally hoping for a gaming pc that could play battlefield 3(perhaps in future i could upgrade graphics card on the pc i plan on getting?) but i am very limited by budget so the above is all i hope to atleast do without a problem.

omgpro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

Nah nothing has been brought yet but I am deciding on purchasing it very soon, heres the link:
EDIT:
Nevermind still looking!