Someone mind taking a look at this build?

Solution

get teh DVD together with a 500 GB hard drive for only $53. good combo...

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Posting a short description of each item, as well at the link usually helps :) People dont like opening 9 different windows :D

OP Build as follows:
SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner $20
APEVIA X-QPACK-NW-BK/420 $80
BYTECC Black 1.44/1.25 MB 3.5" External USB Floppy Drive $20
CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 $45
CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 $47
ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 $73
Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz $190
LOGISYS Computer IC221PWM 92mm Hydro Theta $16
OCZ Vertex Plus OCZSSD2-1VTXPL60G 2.5" 60GB $70

Filling this template in ( http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261222-13-build-advice ) usually gets you the best feedback aswell :)

I bought an Apevia X-QPACK2. I ended up junking it. The material was flimsy, the front panel not properly grounded (PC would restart if my fluffy cat brushed against the front of it), and a factory drone had put one of the internal screws through the power switch wires. Get one of the $30 Rosewill micro-ATX cases. The cooling and internal space will be much better, the case will be sturdier, and the footprint actually smaller. If you need still smaller, consider a quality mini-ITX case like the Lian Li PC-Q08. You can have a RAID-5 array in that case if you want it. Just be sure to switch to a mini-ITX mobo! You'd have to use an external floppy with it though.

get teh DVD together with a 500 GB hard drive for only $53. good combo there

Instead of the Apevia, get the higher quality and much cheaper Rosewill R102 ($29.99 w/ $5 shipping). its old-school, but a very solid PC case: 0.8mm steel, comes with a 120mm fan, and its $50 cheaper. It doesn't make sense to buy a case with a power supply you will just throw out.

Instead of the Asus H61, get the AS Rock H61M//U3S3, which has USB 3 and SATA 3

the i5-2400 has some excellent combos with some DDR3 8GB kits, saving about $13 off.

No point in getting an extra heat sink, the stock will work fine.

Use the savings to add a second 120mm fan in front (get Rosewill's model for $8 (either $7.99, free shipping for Blue/Red/White LED, or $5.99 + 1.99 shipping for no LED) and get a SATA 3 SSD like the Crucial M4 or OCZ Agility 3

Solution
Yeah, I've used that R102; the plastic front is a little cheap, but it's a much better case than the Apevia. The fan is quiet, and moved enough air. Since you won't be overclocking, you may not need to add a front fan, but you can if you like.

Dewm

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009

How is ASrock in reliability? I've had awesome luck with Asus, and I really don't need USB3....

(My purpose for this computer is a office comp)

Thanks!

edit: After looking at the ASRock reviews on newegg I think i'll stick with the ASUS. Thanks for the info on that case though.

So does the build look like it will work to everyone? Just wanna make sure before I order.