Sign in with
Your question

On/off LED fans in a HAF X

Last response: in Components
December 9, 2011 10:27:22 PM

I bought a HAF X recently and i'm mostly very happy with it, however I dislike the red LED fan on the front of the case and I want to swap it with either a blue or green one.

Can I get fans that have on/off switches for the LEDs only and control that with the on/off switch on the top of the case?

More about : led fans haf

a b ) Power supply
December 10, 2011 12:49:00 AM

Sure you can.
a b ) Power supply
December 10, 2011 7:27:23 AM

you can replace it with a blue megaflow 200mm even though the front fan says its 230mm

even though it says the megaflow is 200mm not 230mm its only the different frame thickness--the mounting

holes are the same and the fan blades are exactly the same size

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CoolerMaster-MegaFlow-Mega-Fl...
Related resources
December 10, 2011 8:51:55 AM

mcnumpty23 said:
Sure you can.

mcnumpty23 said:
you can replace it with a blue megaflow 200mm even though the front fan says its 230mm

even though it says the megaflow is 200mm not 230mm its only the different frame thickness--the mounting

holes are the same and the fan blades are exactly the same size

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CoolerMaster-MegaFlow-Mega-Fl...

Is it possible to have that on/off switch control all of the fan lights not just the front one? I don't think the megaflow has an on/off switch. Is there another brand that does or do I have to modify it?
a b ) Power supply
December 11, 2011 1:28:54 AM

You can modify it, it's not difficult and is cheaper.
December 11, 2011 8:29:46 AM

saint19 said:
You can modify it, it's not difficult and is cheaper.

How would I go about modifying it?

What about this? I assume it would work in a HAF X even though it says for a Storm. After all they use the same image as a megaflow.
December 12, 2011 12:50:58 AM

Quote:
How would I go about modifying it?

If you google "Adding a switch for the Cooler Master Megaflow leds", you'll find a very good guide.
!