kate19

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I don't know how it started but a little pop up at the bottom right hand corner will appear " Device cannot be detected" or something like that. Nothing is plugged in when it appears and my webcam doesn't work. I brought it in to Future Shop and they said nothings wrong with it.....but I know something is!

Chipbuster

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Are you plugging it into front side USB ports or the ones that are directly from the motherboard?

The reason I ask is because NZXT has given me (free) faulty USB front ports 3 times in a row now, and most USB devices will function only if I plug them in the back.

kate19

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I've tried uninstalling, going to the ACER website and updating the drives, I've right clicked on the webcam thing in device manger and searched for updates says everything's updated, options for it says it's working.
It's built in but when I plugged in my old webcam, after unplugging it and plugging it back in 3 times it read it. Worked fine, but now I don't have that.
Also usb ports are on the side.
Should have asked for a new one the first time I bought it in for a faulty update not even a week after getting it:\

G

"It's built in but when I plugged in my old webcam, after unplugging it and plugging it back in 3 times it read it. Worked fine, but now I don't have that."

What? Which one works and which one doesn't? Which one gets read after 3 times? What don't you have? The camera?

kate19

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Built in cam doesn't work at all....other one that plugs in through usb worked no problem but had to be plugged in 3 times. Somethings up with this thing!
sorry for the confusion.

G

Can you post the laptop model?

Also is there a combination of keys to press to enable and disable the webcam?

Have you tried Acer's "Crystal Eye webcam" program that comes installed?

kate19

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Can you post the laptop model?

Also is there a combination of keys to press to enable and disable the webcam?

Have you tried Acer's "Crystal Eye webcam" program that comes installed?

It's an acer aspire one AOD250 windows 7 starter netbook....
umm the combination of keys I'm not sure, I've never done any cominations to enable it or disable it.
I've tried going on the website to download them but that does nothing. I've tried to update the drivers through device manger.

G

Has the webcam ever worked?

Also forget about the combination of keys, its not part of acer laptops.

Is it still under warranty from acer? If it is then it is probably best that you contact them to get it fixed.

Oh also try updating to the latest BIOS for your laptop. There are instructions with the file package. Make sure you have a full battery and are plugged in while doing it.

kate19

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
yea, it worked for about a year and 7 months. The warranty expired last December and the Future Shop one expired today. What do I do to update the BIOS like where do I find the file package?