Sign in with
Your question

Reboot and Select proper Boot device...HELP ASAP

Last response: in Motherboards
September 18, 2012 9:51:39 PM

Hi guys,
I have an acer computer I have bought a year or two ago and have been using it daily ever since. I was on it last night and did some homework and played some games with friends. But after school today, I tried to turn it on and it said " Reboot and Select proper Boot device". Now i am not very computer savy. I have never built a computer before and never installed a part. So maybe in that aspect you can try to give instructions in a more simplistic way.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810
Ram: 4GB DDR3 Memoery
HDD: 1tb hard drive
Video: ATi Radeon HD 5570
September 18, 2012 10:01:39 PM

kabamawekesa said:
Hi guys,
I have an acer computer I have bought a year or two ago and have been using it daily ever since. I was on it last night and did some homework and played some games with friends. But after school today, I tried to turn it on and it said " Reboot and Select proper Boot device". Now i am not very computer savy. I have never built a computer before and never installed a part. So maybe in that aspect you can try to give instructions in a more simplistic way.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810
Ram: 4GB DDR3 Memoery
HDD: 1tb hard drive
Video: ATi Radeon HD 5570

If possible backup your data first before performing anything else.

Do you have a spare computer or anyone that you may know that can assist you in backing up your data?

Once the data has been backed up, insert the Windows 7 disk into the CD/DVD drive and boot the system and perform a repair (follow the prompts).

Hope this helps and good luck.
m
l
September 18, 2012 10:44:03 PM

is there a solution if i dont have a windows 7 disc? if not, ill try my best to get one from my friend and will follow up on results
m
l
September 19, 2012 9:53:54 PM

I borrowed a disc from my friend and started start up repair. It detected no problems. However, sometimes when i turn on my computer it gives me the same message before and other times i get to log in but after 30-60 mins my computer freezes and i have to manually shut it down.
m
l
Related resources
!