Serial port to Bluetooth adapter?

Is there any Serial port (com-port) to bluetooth adapter out there some
place?
I want to have bluethooth transmission between a component that have a RS232
serial-port and my laptop that have a bluetooth USB-port adapter. Is this
possible at all?
Are there any other way to transmitt serial-data wireless between a
component with a RS 232 serial-port and my lap-top?

If so, where can I find it?
If not, why?

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
Norway
4 answers Last reply
More about serial port bluetooth adapter

    Try www.blu2i.com

    Sinclair
    TDK Systems

    Several are available through www.connectblue.se

    "Øyvind Steinnes" <f0nix@i.am> wrote in message
    > Is there any Serial port (com-port) to bluetooth adapter out there some
    > place?
    > I want to have bluethooth transmission between a component that have a
    RS232
    > serial-port and my laptop that have a bluetooth USB-port adapter. Is this
    > possible at all?
    > Are there any other way to transmitt serial-data wireless between a
    > component with a RS 232 serial-port and my lap-top?
    >
    > If so, where can I find it?
    > If not, why?
    >
    > Regards
    > Øyvind Steinnes
    > Norway

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    We have good experience with Initium Promi-SD202
    see www.initium.co.kr (clicc on 'english' left-under de webpage...)

    Cheers, Jean

    "Øyvind Steinnes" <f0nix@i.am> schreef in bericht
    > Is there any Serial port (com-port) to bluetooth adapter out there some
    > place?
    > I want to have bluethooth transmission between a component that have a
    RS232
    > serial-port and my laptop that have a bluetooth USB-port adapter. Is this
    > possible at all?
    > Are there any other way to transmitt serial-data wireless between a
    > component with a RS 232 serial-port and my lap-top?
    >
    > If so, where can I find it?
    > If not, why?
    >
    > Regards
    > Øyvind Steinnes
    > Norway

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    I'm a blue2i user, where can i find real appliactions using Blue2i module :
    Communication between Blue2i & Microcontrollers ?

Bluetooth Comm Port Components