Serial port to Bluetooth adapter?

Last response: in Technologies
May 25, 2004 9:16:04 PM

Is there any Serial port (com-port) to bluetooth adapter out there some
place?
I want to have bluethooth transmission between a component that have a RS232
serial-port and my laptop that have a bluetooth USB-port adapter. Is this
possible at all?
Are there any other way to transmitt serial-data wireless between a
component with a RS 232 serial-port and my lap-top?

If so, where can I find it?
If not, why?

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
Norway
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 9:16:05 PM

Try www.blu2i.com

Sinclair
TDK Systems

"Øyvind Steinnes" <f0nix@i.am> wrote in message
> Is there any Serial port (com-port) to bluetooth adapter out there some
> place?
> I want to have bluethooth transmission between a component that have a
RS232
> serial-port and my laptop that have a bluetooth USB-port adapter. Is this
> possible at all?
> Are there any other way to transmitt serial-data wireless between a
> component with a RS 232 serial-port and my lap-top?
>
> If so, where can I find it?
> If not, why?
>
> Regards
> Øyvind Steinnes
> Norway

Anonymous
May 26, 2004 1:40:47 AM

Several are available through www.connectblue.se

"Øyvind Steinnes" <f0nix@i.am> wrote in message
> Is there any Serial port (com-port) to bluetooth adapter out there some
> place?
> I want to have bluethooth transmission between a component that have a
RS232
> serial-port and my laptop that have a bluetooth USB-port adapter. Is this
> possible at all?
> Are there any other way to transmitt serial-data wireless between a
> component with a RS 232 serial-port and my lap-top?
>
> If so, where can I find it?
> If not, why?
>
> Regards
> Øyvind Steinnes
> Norway

May 26, 2004 7:59:57 PM

We have good experience with Initium Promi-SD202
see www.initium.co.kr (clicc on 'english' left-under de webpage...)

Cheers, Jean

"Øyvind Steinnes" <f0nix@i.am> schreef in bericht
> Is there any Serial port (com-port) to bluetooth adapter out there some
> place?
> I want to have bluethooth transmission between a component that have a
RS232
> serial-port and my laptop that have a bluetooth USB-port adapter. Is this
> possible at all?
> Are there any other way to transmitt serial-data wireless between a
> component with a RS 232 serial-port and my lap-top?
>
> If so, where can I find it?
> If not, why?
>
> Regards
> Øyvind Steinnes
> Norway

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 12:44:57 AM

I'm a blue2i user, where can i find real appliactions using Blue2i module :
Communication between Blue2i & Microcontrollers ?
!