ATI RADEON 5870 problem plaese help me

-_-haha

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
hi guys im wondering if my psu is affecting my performance because my pc somtimes startup fine but then when i enter games i lag extremely then i restart my pc and its fine now im wondering if its the psu or not plz help

system specs :
cpu:intel qaud core q9550s
memory:2X 2 GB DDR2 800 MHZ
GPU:ATI Radeon 5870 1gb ddr 5
case:cm storm scout
cooling: cou cooler v6gt
Psu: gigabyte odin 585 with only one pcie connector! i use extensions provided with gpu

please reply as soon as possible

No one here is obliged to help you and using 'text speak' and acronyms such as 'ffs' are reason enough for me to delete this thread, so roll your neck in and exercise some patience.

I would suggest that your problems may be driver related but making such suggestions always seems to get the ATi fans worked up into a bit of a frenzy.

Weak PSU's tend to cause BSOD's, lock up's and/or error boxes popping up, throttling back when it shouldn't is a driver or BIOS (on the device) issue.

-_-haha

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
my pc did bsod but it was because of chipset drivers ill role back my drivers and see if tht helps but do u think i should get a new psu just incase

A darn decent PSU can never be a bad investment IMHO.

Corsair is a reputable brand, and 600W is a good size for today's single GPU systems. It should give you some room to protect yourself and overclock should you choose.

I believe mm was saying that he also likes Corsair, as he's had great success with them.

-_-haha

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
ive ordered the psu hopefully getting it on monday uhmm should i take out my ati for the time bein or can i leave it in