problem with system restore

July 15, 2004 8:48:08 AM

i have xp pro and when i go to use system restore it goes through the
motions but wont restore the system to any time or date what is causing
this?
please help

More about : problem system restore

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 8:48:09 AM

david damelio wrote:
> i have xp pro and when i go to use system restore it goes through the
> motions but wont restore the system to any time or date what is
> causing this?

Your system restore may have gone.. south.
Hopefully you don't NEED to restore right now and your problem can be
resolved another way.

However, you can get your System Restore back up to speed by turning it off,
reboot, turning it on and making a manual restore point..

Turn off System Restore.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310405

Reboot.

Turn on System Restore.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310405

Make a Manual Restoration Point.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/m...

That will erase all previous restore points, but if they don't work
anyway......
(Do that whenever you think about it too..)

--
<- Shenan ->
July 15, 2004 2:51:55 PM

Hi

One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
checkpoints:

Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore tab.
Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on all
drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have one
new SR checkpoint.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"david damelio" <ddamelio@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
| i have xp pro and when i go to use system restore it goes through the
| motions but wont restore the system to any time or date what is causing
| this?
| please help

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 8:05:01 PM

I used to have a problem, too, but my system restored my question. Now it Works, maybe you have encountered such a Problem. I'm not sure, does it Work, now?

!