Need help picking a case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey guys! I'm new here, and as the title says i need help picking a budget PC case for my first gaming build. I don't have lot of choices where i live and i'm on a budget, so here is few cases that i'm interested in so far:

- http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/classic_series/source_210_elite (around 65$): my favorite so far

- Thermaltake V3, V4 and Commander MS-I (around 60$ for each of these 3 cases): only 1 fan installed, i don't know if it's enough! buying another fan will make the price very close to the thermaltake armor A90.

- Thermaltake Armor A90 (83$) I like the fact that it comes with 3 fans already installed but i'm worried about the lack of cable management seeing that this is my first build.

- http://www.aerocool.com.tw/index.php/products/chassis/30-pgsv/125-xwarriorb (80$): Couldn't find reviews on this one, i'm only interested in it because of the cable management unlike the Thermaltake armor, also the specifications are looking promising (on paper at least).

Thanks in advance. ;)

P.S: my system will probably be a low/med end (an AMD x3/x4 and an hd 5770 at best) just thought i'd throw this in.

Solution
I'll back up the Source Elite 210 as a solid budget gaming case.
Usb 3.0 and 120/140mm fans included.
Stay away from the Thermaltake V3/4 = low quality construction(light as a feather) and major flaws(no brass mobo standoffs and limited space.)
I'll back up the Source Elite 210 as a solid budget gaming case.
Usb 3.0 and 120/140mm fans included.
Stay away from the Thermaltake V3/4 = low quality construction(light as a feather) and major flaws(no brass mobo standoffs and limited space.)

Solution
G

Nice case! unfortunately it's out of stock where i'm buying it from :/ Thanks!

@vishalaestro Thanks but i can't find this one where i live.

G

I see, i'll be using an Amd x3 450 and a Radeon hd 5670 1Gb, and i won't be overclocking so do you think the 2 exhaust fans in the NZXT offer enough cooling for this build? Also, any thoughts on the Aerocool case? it has all i need, cable management holes, front dust filters (none in the nzxt) and 2 fans preinstalled but i don't know about the quality. Thanks for the help!

The NZXT definitely offers great cooling options,ultimately you'll want to add at least one 120mm front intake.
Any case with top fan mounts(140mm) is superior cooling wise imo(hot air rises).
Still think it's your best option.
Aerocool's are poorly distributed in North America so i know next to nothing about them.
At any rate your plans(components) won't generate alot of heat anyways.
I think that Aerocool and A90 are ugly but that's my opinion.
So no Antec or Coolermaster options in your neck of the woods?

G

There is a bunch of them but only few within my budget like the Antec three hundred, and the CM elite 370 and the CM elite 431 and I'm not pleased with any of them, so i'm still torn between the NZXT, the Tt and the Aerocool! The problem for me is, it gets pretty dusty in the room which is the only reason why i'm leaning towards the Tt Armor over the NZXT, I also know nothing about cable management and this case (Tt) sure won't make it any easier for me from what I've seen, leaving me with the dilemma of choosing which is the highest priority for me, the cable management or the dust filtering -_- or i can just 'take a risk' and buy the Aerocool which offer both features but with probably lesser build quality than the other 2 cases.

P.S: I don't care much about the looks of the case.

The 300 is great cooling wise and built like a tank(lacks cable management)=use holesaw or dremel
The CM 431 is pretty good too.
I've own/ed both cases.
I always recommend the 370 for people on a budget(costs under $40 here).
I'd choose any of those over the TT or Aerocool.

Status
Not open for further replies.