Sign in with
Your question
Closed

LCD for 3D vision with Radeon™ HD 6770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 9, 2011 6:47:51 PM

Hello,

I am building a system for 3D gaming with Intel core i5-2300 processor, Saphhire HD 6770 graphics card and Samsung LED computer monitor S20A300N.

I wanna know will this combination enable me to achieve the HD3D effect of Raedeon, ie., 3D viewing in games. Which Shutter Glass Models can help me achieve perfect 3D viewing.

More about : lcd vision radeon 6770

Best solution

a c 216 U Graphics card
July 9, 2011 7:45:05 PM

Well, "3D vision" is an Nvidia system, but AMD does have an HD3D system or rather, they support one that's already in place. That said, get an Nvidia card for best results. AMD's setup only supports up to 720p and requires less refined software from a 3rd party.

I've recently started using a 120hz monitor and decided to try out the 3D effects. I really didn't expect to like it, but as it turns out, it's quite good. I tried it with the system listed below me, and while it worked, I decided to try my 470's as well. As expected, the Nvidia 3D vision was a lot better experience than AMD's.

It's been over a week of playing with 3D vision from Nvidia, and I'm enjoying it a lot a lot more than I expected. However, there is a draw back you should be aware of, which can be annoying. Everything is a lot darker as a result of shutter glasses.

Because every other frame rendered is only shown to one eye, the eye not seeing the image sees a black eye glass. This causes everything to be darker than normal. You can turn up the brightness of the screen, but then the bright images bleed through the blackened glass and you see a touch of ghosting.
Related resources
July 9, 2011 7:54:40 PM

Thanks for the reply. I checked up the link earlier also. But I read on some site that you need a 120 Hz Monitor A 3d enabled Card and stereoscopic shutter glasses to enable 3d vision. So wanted to be sure if this is really true.

I haven't yet purchased my components. But only shortlisted my various cards under various price category on the basis of . Basically I am a system builder and am looking for best performing 3D vision cards with competitive pricing.
Following are the cards i shortlisted:

Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3
Radeon HD 5670 1GB
Radeon HD 6770 1GB
Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Radeon HD 6950 1 GB
Radeon HD 6950 2 GB
Radeon HD 6970 2GB
GeForce GTX 570 1.28GB
GeForce GTX 580 1.536 GB

So now I need to do a full RnD again to find best Nvidia cards with 3d vision support.
Score
July 9, 2011 7:59:24 PM

bystander said:
Well, "3D vision" is an Nvidia system, but AMD does have an HD3D system or rather, they support one that's already in place. That said, get an Nvidia card for best results. AMD's setup only supports up to 720p and requires less refined software from a 3rd party.

I've recently started using a 120hz monitor and decided to try out the 3D effects. I really didn't expect to like it, but as it turns out, it's quite good. I tried it with the system listed below me, and while it worked, I decided to try my 470's as well. As expected, the Nvidia 3D vision was a lot better experience than AMD's.

It's been over a week of playing with 3D vision from Nvidia, and I'm enjoying it a lot a lot more than I expected. However, there is a draw back you should be aware of, which can be annoying. Everything is a lot darker as a result of shutter glasses.

Because every other frame rendered is only shown to one eye, the eye not seeing the image sees a black eye glass. This causes everything to be darker than normal. You can turn up the brightness of the screen, but then the bright images bleed through the blackened glass and you see a touch of ghosting.

Thanks for that informative reply. Very useful. I just replied to the browsingtheworld reply that in this case I need to again do an RnD to look for comparable Nvidia cards.

I believe, Nvidia has a definite edge in this over AMD.
Score
a c 216 U Graphics card
July 9, 2011 8:13:18 PM

One more note, while I definitely suggest you go with Nvidia, if you really want AMD to work, you need to make sure the Monitor is 120hz and has HDMI 1.4a support. In the US, I'm aware of only 2 monitors which support his currently.

ACER - LCD 27" 2MS HN274HBMIIID
ACER - LCD 23.6" 2MS HS244HQBMII (Do not order this one).

The 2nd one sucks because it doesn't support DVI-D dual link, so you cannot use it with Nvidia cards nor as a 120hz monitor.

You have a LOT more options for Nvidia 3D vision.
Score
July 9, 2011 8:24:00 PM

bystander said:
One more note, while I definitely suggest you go with Nvidia, if you really want AMD to work, you need to make sure the Monitor is 120hz and has HDMI 1.4a support. In the US, I'm aware of only 2 monitors which support his currently.

ACER - LCD 27" 2MS HN274HBMIIID
ACER - LCD 23.6" 2MS HS244HQBMII (Do not order this one).

The 2nd one sucks because it doesn't support DVI-D dual link, so you cannot use it with Nvidia cards nor as a 120hz monitor.

You have a LOT more options for Nvidia 3D vision.

No m not in US. I am from India. And in this case I now strongly believe to go with Nvidia because there is no point to stuck with a product with limited compatibility in 3D capability with LCD from different companies. Although Raedeon is good in cards. But after all customer shall have free hand to choose the best 3D LCD which would be otherwise limited in Raedeon cards.
Score
a c 216 U Graphics card
July 9, 2011 8:25:51 PM

There is a good Samsung 3D monitor outside the US, but I'm not sure if that includes India, but ya, go nvidia for 3D.
Score
July 9, 2011 8:56:11 PM

Best answer selected by logicallimit.
Score
!