Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

BlankWhen I start my computer I get a message saying :
The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name & domain are
correct, then type your password again. Letters is passwords must be typed
using the correct case.
I just hit enter and I get in. I cannot change anything when it starts. I
went to Tweak UI and checked auto logon, maybe that did something?
Thank you Bruce

--
When things are hard and seem to be going uphill
......QUIT and let someone else do it!!!

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi Bruce,

Boot into Safe Mode and change the option from the Admin to your user name.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Bruce Lawrence" <blawrence@monarch.net> wrote in message
> BlankWhen I start my computer I get a message saying :
> The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name & domain are
> correct, then type your password again. Letters is passwords must be typed
> using the correct case.
> I just hit enter and I get in. I cannot change anything when it starts. I
> went to Tweak UI and checked auto logon, maybe that did something?
> Thank you Bruce
>
> --
> When things are hard and seem to be going uphill
> .....QUIT and let someone else do it!!!

Thanks Kelly That worked perfectly
Bruce