Sign in with
Your question

Shuttle sn68sg2 vid card upgrade question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 9, 2011 7:41:42 PM

Hello friends, My issue is I just bought a 32" monitor & it's causing my vid card to melt down. It's a Zotac 8800gt (lowprofile) and has been great until now.
I only play 2 games, eve-online & Portal. The real work I do is my video editing & podcast production.
What can someone reccomend that is new, will fit in my box, won't overheat, & PCi-ex?

I tried looking on shuttle and their suggestions are no longer in production.
Thank,
@IdeaJason
July 9, 2011 9:53:44 PM

forgot to say, "please help me"
m
l
Related resources
July 10, 2011 7:15:45 AM

Well We can help you find a card that will fix in you'r Box if you can tell us what size or model. Also can we have more details on your PSU Brand,PCI-E power cables, Wattage
m
l
July 11, 2011 6:02:05 PM

@illfindu thanks for the reply. For some reason my sig didnt show with all gear.
Shuttle Sn68s2 specs:(  http://us.shuttle.com/barebone/Models/SN68SG2.html )
The PSU, PCI-e stock Shuttle gear. The only thing internally from Shuttle I changed was the 92mm fan. I went to a better air moving model with 3 speed options so I can control the bg noise when in production.

I used to have a little trouble firing up the shuttle from dead as I think I'm pressing the power consumption. It says 250w but I know its at least 350w as one of their techs told me they have tested it successfully up to 350w.
The other option I could do if stuck is upgrade to the 300w psu which can do at least 400w.
Thanks
m
l
July 13, 2011 2:06:48 AM

One other thing. Do you thinks its possible to run a different psu outside4 of the box? Might help with temp & also getting a larger power source.
m
l
!