Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading gateway laptop

Last response: in Motherboards
September 19, 2012 12:43:34 PM

Hello,

My name is Stijn and I am from Belgium, Europe. I have a Gateway mt6452 with a broken motherboard. It has the amd tl-52 cpu. I was wondering if I could upgrade the cpu to the tl-64 when changing the mobo so this laptop could serve me some more time. I can not find any information about the bios supporting the faster cpu. any help would be great. thanks
October 12, 2012 3:43:17 PM

Stinzo said:
Hello,

My name is Stijn and I am from Belgium, Europe. I have a Gateway mt6452 with a broken motherboard. It has the amd tl-52 cpu. I was wondering if I could upgrade the cpu to the tl-64 when changing the mobo so this laptop could serve me some more time. I can not find any information about the bios supporting the faster cpu. any help would be great. thanks

Hi stijn i have this laptop and i upgrade the cpu and i choose amd tl-60 rev. g1 31 watt cause the tl-52 in the mt6452 is 31 watt and it work well to me the only thing that i see is i take a bit loger to show splash screen maybe 2 to 3 sec more. I think it can still work for the tl-64 as long as the cpu as the socket S1 (S1G1) but it's a 35 watt you will have to try
October 12, 2012 4:02:32 PM

And to add for info the manufaturer said that the laptop support only 2 gig of ram but i put 4 gig in it and it support it well to
November 6, 2012 3:23:37 PM

thank you for your help!

Stinzo
!