Best h77 board to get?

ffooby

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
What is the best version of the h77 board to get? Gigabyte? Asrock? I'd prefer to keep it below $100, which I think most options are under.

Anyone have any personal stories with any particular h77 board to help me choose?

mATX vs. ATX, case size aside, is there much of a deal of going with mATX if I'm not planning on cross-firing? I think someone mentioned there may be more heat issues with the mATX.

Finally, is the virtu mvp feature that important? Is there an h77 board with it?

Thanks for any help

arzbhatia

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2012
The ASUS P8H77-I and P8H77-V seem like nice H77 boards.

VirtuMVP does have some advantages but it doesn't work well on some games. You won't need it if you have a good graphics card, something like a 560Ti/6850/6950 would be enough to handle your graphical needs without the software/tweak.

ffooby

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
I was wondering about virtumvp more for how you can switch back and forth and save your gpu if you're not doing anything that needs it. Would your graphics card be helped out that much if you could switch it off for most everything but gaming?

arzbhatia

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2012
You can disable VirtuMVP by just a click of a button. VirtuMVP comes with a software which let's you enable and disable the feature :)

There's no point Switching it off anyway. VirtuMVP works only while you're gaming!

ffooby

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
What's wrong with just two RAM slots? I'll never go above 8GB of RAM, 2x4 sticks. Why would that be a problem?

$70 seems low doesn't it? I won't be losing out that much options wise/quality wise by getting the $70 board?