Need help`

frankieb66

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
Hello, i'm not that great with pc's so i need help. ever since ZA and ZG came out i can even run the instances cuz i get really bad lag. I have XP, 2.8Ghz, 3.25 ram, radeon 4300/4500 video card and use the catalyst control center. I dont know how to configure it so i dont get lag. I dont want to spend more money on a new video card if this one will do. can someone help or do i need a new card?

Gee....if we only knew what ZA and ZG were, maybe we could help.

A 4300/4500 (??) is a very low end graphics card. Also, without knowing what cpu you have, can't really advise you if that's a problem too.

My crystall ball quit working this morning.

Lag is a term used to describe gaming on a slow internet connection.

frankieb66

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
ZA and ZG are instances in the game World of warcraft. I have an intel pentium D 2.8ghz with 3 mb ram. The game run fine in all instances except for the new one that just came out. the is allot more stuff going on in the new ones and i start to freeze up. but outside of those places it works great.

3 MB RAM, or 4 GB RAM with only 3.25 GB usable ?
Its the problem with your graphics card. You experience lag when the game reaches a graphically intense point. Or in this case , the ZA and ZG. You could see and disabled some background processes and see if that helps.

Sorry I dont play World of Warcraft, do you assume everyone on this site plays kiddy games?

You need to upgrade your video card, well you need to upgrade your whole computer, but a video card upgrade would do you wonders.

frankieb66

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011

Thx i will tried lowering the setting in those places but i didn't help. I think it maybe time to invest in a new card. what do you recommend in the $150 price range?

Well first of all, for me to recommend anything on that $150 price range, I should ask you your correct PC specs like how I have under ' member configuration ' or how GeekApproved has listed on his signature.
But you need to list only the resolution of your monitor. PSU, CPU, RAM, motherboard.

Also, I said shut down any background apps that you may be running while playing the game.

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

Anti virus and games don't go together so well.Half of the paid products on the market don't even perform as good as the free microsoft security essentials.I have norton internet security 2011 (pcmag was praising norton for its low impact on performance)So far I haven't noticed any fps drop :) .There are anti viruses like mcafee,zone alarm,bitdefender that actuall have a huge impact on performance.What is your anti virus? :hello:

frankieb66

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011

Thx for your help and patience. Is there some place i can look to get this info: PSU, CPU, RAM, motherboard. I have no clue what PSU is all i know is it is a pentium D 3g and on the my computer properties page it says 3.25 ram. Sorry i'm not that good with the computer but i do appreciate your time.

speaking from experience... lower spell detail and/or your resolution. there were alot of times i would have no problem except certain fights/instances. Marrowgar's flames used to eat my old rig up. view distance is a big thing as well. in WoW its nice at full settings, but if you cant achieve them, just tone it down. there are plenty of places where the lag ensues when the rest of the game is otherwise fine.