I7 2600 vs 2600k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezhadoank

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
hy there.
i have 1 question about above problem.
if i see term of performance, then i give them default config both of them. is there some different?if u say yes,how significant is that

Solution
Non "k" version CPUs also has some additional security features that helps protects sensitive data store in the RAM and cache. However, this is more for businesses than the average home user. Italso allows corporate IT departments to remotely connection to a employee's PC more quickly and securely.
Non "k" version CPUs also has some additional security features that helps protects sensitive data store in the RAM and cache. However, this is more for businesses than the average home user. Italso allows corporate IT departments to remotely connection to a employee's PC more quickly and securely.

Solution
The main difference is that the K series is unlocked and has hd3000 iGP. If you don't have a video card, grabbing the 2600k for a bit more may be nice. Also, if you ever plan to overclock the CPU, the K series will allow you to do that. If you just want a system that runs many applications, the 2600 would save a bit of money and do the job just fine.

ezhadoank

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
hmmm..so there are only two differences? they are integrated GPU and the possibility to unlock.
I think i dont need to spend $200 just for the purpose of oc, and moreover I already have 6870. so it doesnt matter if I choose 2600. Beside that, i have only 700w psu that 2 rail (30a each rail). i think it will blow my head if i choose 2600k. Im actually asking this for my uncle's son who was looking for the latest processor in a cost not much. So if i gived i choose, I'll choose a bulldozer which all know its more cheap. :D
thanks for your help.
btw five hours ago, me and my cousin had bought 2600 (Malay) for $ 294. we've tried looking for costa rica procie, but in my country (indonesia) it has limited.

Don't get a bulldozer. That CPU is not fast for single threaded-apps. Only good for 6-8 core apps which are very rare. If you don't want to get the core i7, get a core i5 2500. Fast as could be, basically a core i7 2600 without the hyperthreading and 2mb cache I believe.

The I7 2600 will do very well with the HD6870!

Status
Not open for further replies.