Your Suggestion On Internet Browsers

chau_ya

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001
Hi all,

I have used IE for decades and I think it is about time for me to learn other net browsers. I thought it is a good idea to ask you all for suggestions based on your own experiences of using those. Criteria includes features and security in comparison to IE.

Also, my immediate question is how to transfer my list of 'Favorites' from IE to the new browser.

Thanks for helping me. Have a good one. Regards.

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Stick with IE. There really arn't to many reasons anymore to switch away from IE. All other browsers have little quirks to contend with. IE's only downfall is being suseptable to spyware but it is so easy to prevent that now w/ its built in activex and popup blocking that it isn't that big of an issue. If anything keep IE bec it is sooooo much faster than the other browsers. I know I'm goona get flammed by the mozilla ppl for sayin that but I'll believe it when I see it. I have yet to see mozilla beat IE for browsing speed.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

chau_ya

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001
Thanks, Folken, for your opinion. Yours is one of the data points I got so far.

The 2 new features IE has sound great to me. It got to be in its new version. I think I'm using IE 6.0.

Thanks.

RichPLS

Champion
6.00.29 is the latest version, 7 is not out yet.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

mrmonsoon

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
Since I tried Firefox, I have used it exclusivly, without ever looking back. It is more secure, has pop-up blockers, tabing...
Since it is NOT microsoft, it is not the target of every hacker in the world.
The only place I don't use it is M$ updates becouse their update site only supports IE-big surprise.