Windows 8 BSOD - Wireless adapter?

Cameron55

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hello,
I'm getting the BSOD with Windows 8. The cause is always "Driver Power State Failure". If the laptop goes to sleep, it will come back up but the wireless drops and doesn't re-connect. I am not able to ping anything and can't access anything through the wireless. If I sit and wait a minute, it will blue screen. I then power down, and back up and everything is fine. Sometimes, it will boot up and not connect to the wireless, then blue screen again. When I check the .dmp files, it shows that a different driver is causing it almost every time and doesn't seem consistent. Any help with this? I am uploading the .dmp fles.

Here are my dump files.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvroj39v05ahbjh/Dump%20Files.txt

- Hoping someone can help!

Thanks!

k_z199

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
How did you install Win 8? Is it a fresh format? If it is then it's weird try updating everything, especially your BIOS. But again, don't update your BIOS if everything is really working AS IT SHOULD BE. If the problem still persists, it must be that there's damage inside your CPU.

Hi :)

If its an UPGRADE to 8, you may be in trouble with this problem...

8 HAS A lot OF PROBLEMS with wireless driver upgrades, you only need to do a search here , and you will find a fair few posts about it...

I have seen in in my shops as well , in most cases the upgraded driver plays up or stops working at all and you have to WAIT until an 8 specific driver is written... :(

All the best Brett :)

Cameron55

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Thanks for the responses guys!

This was a fresh build on a Latitude E6420. Dell has drivers listed for Windows 8 64-bit and that is where I grabbed them.
There are a few others at our shop that have installed 8 on their 6420's as well and aren't seeing issues.

I am pretty sure that I know what started causing all of this... I installed the Cisco VPN client that we used to VPN into many of our clients. It acted up for the entire install and gave me all sorts of errors. I then uninstalled it and removed everything associated with it. I also got many errors when uninstalling. Right after that, I started having the issues.
I have checked and checked again and made sure that all traces of that client are gone. I then re-installed the wireless driver. None of my co-workers have installed the VPN client on their Win 8 machines.

Looks like i'm going to re-build this thing just to solve this issue. :( - Unless anyone has another suggestion?

Cameron55

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Did you install any software after the Windows 8 install? Have you installed all drivers?

bnot

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007

I installed the Bluetooth, touch pad, and maybe the accelerometer drivers from Dell's site. I installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology, Intel HD Graphics, Intel Management Engine Components directly from Intel.

I'm not certain about other drivers. I think the Intel Identity Protection came from Dell's site, and the RealTek LAN drivers came from Windows Update.

bnot

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007

Like you, there's a delay before the BSOD. Before this my "Dhcp-Client" event log reports than an address could not be obtained.

TRENDING THREADS