User Accounts!

In Control Panel I am able to set up and adjust User
accounts fine, though from the login or welcome screen,
if any profile other than mine is clicked on a message
says that the profile cannot be loaded, check network
settings etc. Why is it doing this? I have noticed it is
not creating a new folder/user in the 'documents and
settings' folder on C:

Also, when the user feature was working and we made use
of it before we were unable to make individual users
folders private from limited account users. The checkbox
to 'make folder private' is always greyed out whatever I
try.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about user accounts

    Hi Steve,

    Check your settings here: Right click the My Computer desktop
    icon/Properties/Computer Name/Change/Member of.

    To Set the My Documents Folder to Private

    On the Start menu, right-click My Documents, and then click Properties.
    Click the Sharing tab, and then click to select the Make this folder private
    so that only I have access to it check box. Click Apply, and then click OK .

    Note: You cannot make your folders private if your drive is not formatted
    as NTFS.

    Home Edition: Set Permissions for Shared Files and Folders. Boot into safe
    mode and logon to the 'Administrator' account. Right click the folder in
    question/Sharing and Security/Make Folder Private.

    To view the Security tab for a file or folder in XP, hold down the Ctrl key
    while right-clicking the file or folder, and select Properties. If you are
    in a domain instead of a workgroup, this approach is unnecessary.

    You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307286

    Hide Files and Folders inside of Windows XP

    Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View/Show Hidden Files and Folders.
    Right click the folder to be hidden/Sharing and Security/General
    Tab/Hidden/Apply Changes to.../

    More information here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_mydocs.htm

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In Control Panel I am able to set up and adjust User
    > accounts fine, though from the login or welcome screen,
    > if any profile other than mine is clicked on a message
    > says that the profile cannot be loaded, check network
    > settings etc. Why is it doing this? I have noticed it is
    > not creating a new folder/user in the 'documents and
    > settings' folder on C:
    >
    > Also, when the user feature was working and we made use
    > of it before we were unable to make individual users
    > folders private from limited account users. The checkbox
    > to 'make folder private' is always greyed out whatever I
    > try.
    >
    > Thanks.

Configuration Control Panel User Accounts Customization Windows XP