What do you guys think of raidmax?

Their cheap power supplies are just that, cheap power supplies. If you use them to power a really low power system they may live on for 4 years, if you bring them close to their rated load on a regular basis they arent going to make it through the month. You get what you pay for, and if you buy a cheap aluminum box you get a cheap aluminum box, if you buy a decent power supply you get a decent power supply.

The only raidmax units i would even consider are their AE series, all of their other ones are significantly over rated, and many are still using passive PFC indicating designs that are several years old.

I can think of a couple of 1000W units from quality brands that cost @ the same amount.
I doubt that Raidmax unit can achieve Gold rating over 30C.
I could be wrong!but alot of lesser brand units get those efficiency ratings at 23C and never sustain them in real world applications.

Raidmax like Rosewill has mostly been known over the years as the "cheap house brand". Both companies appear to be making strides and efforts to improve their image through better product designs. Personally, I wouldn't use either as yet but I'm no longer as critical of them as I once was given the better reviews they seem to be getting.

$135 is pretty cheap for a quality 1000 watt PSU.
I would be very skeptical of the "gold" rating.
I have owned Raidmax units in the past, I don't have any of them anymore because the longest a Raidmax PSU ever lasted for me was about a year. The last one I had was a 630watt "Volcano" that was supposed to be a decent PSU, it died in about 6 months. I bought a Raidmax case once as well, it is several years old now, and it is literally falling apart. Rivets falling out, many of the plastic snap on parts are just breaking and falling off. Trying to put stuff in the case is tough because nothing seems to line up very well. I believe that their products are complete piles of crap, and I would never buy Raidmax anything again.

it can do 1000 watts all day no problem but cant do it with a gold rating its actually bronze

raidmax sent a different psu with the same model name to be certified but changed it for the retail versions that can only do bronze

Hehe just as i suspected!

Thanks for the 7 year warranty corsair :) Ohh an a near silent power supply.