Sign in with
Your question

Another thread about less-than-optimal RAM speeds

Last response: in Memory
September 20, 2012 7:57:31 AM

Hello folks,
I just finished puttin' together my new compy and whaddya know, the RAM is runnin' slower than normal. 1333 MHz right now I believe. It's rated for 1866 MHz and I believe that my motherboard is as well but these things tend to occur as recent google searches have told me. Anyways, Here's a screenshot and my specs

AMD FX-6200 - 3.8 GHz

Corsair Dominator Platinum 2 x 4 GB DDR3

ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

If somebody would be able to help me with the voltages, timings, and speeds it would be greatly appreciated
September 20, 2012 11:31:49 AM

your ram should already have the settings you need stored under the XMP profile. that is to say assigning a new speed for the memory should automatically set the timings. the settings can be assigned under AI tweaker in bios. If you do not know about this feature I strongly recommend you read a number of guides online about overclocking, most reliable of which can be found on these forums under overclocking sections relevant to your cpu socket/generation.
m
l
a b } Memory
September 20, 2012 11:44:02 AM

I though 1866 was for the APU's ?......... anyways, go into the BIOS and look for ram timings and set to what they are supposed to run at. ( 1600 ) hit F1 and then enter. this will save settings and reboot machine.

make sure ram is in correct sots ( see mobo booklet )
m
l
a b } Memory
September 20, 2012 12:38:09 PM

The voltage, timings and speeds are listed on the dimm's themselves on the sticker.

Go in bios and set to those specs.
m
l
!