Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

THE computer does not meet the minimum specifications windows 7

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Windows 7
  • Computers
  • Hewlett Packard
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
December 19, 2011 5:24:55 AM

Hello,
I have a HP Compaq CQ57 notebook that came with windows 7 starter. I installed Win 7 Ultimate but when I try to install the drivers, it say that the computer does not meet the minimum specifications. I think it is something that I have not loaded because it gives this error with every driver, even the wireless network driver

More about : computer meet minimum specifications windows

a b $ Windows 7
December 19, 2011 6:48:58 AM

I don't think there should be any problem in Windows 7 Ultimate installation and most of the drivers should automatically get installed. Hope you are doing clean install.
Score
0
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 19, 2011 7:15:11 AM

youre not trying to load 64bit drivers on a 32 bit os or the other way round are you?
Score
0
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 19, 2011 7:42:01 AM

Win 7 Starter has less resource requirements than Win 7 Ultimate. Starter was designed for low powered systems. For one thing it has less video requirements as it does not run Aero. It does appear that series of laptop meet the minimum specifications. We should confirm this. What CPU RAM and Graphics does the laptop have?
Score
0
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
December 19, 2011 8:15:48 AM

mstegmann said:
Hello,
I have a HP Compaq CQ57 notebook that came with windows 7 starter. I installed Win 7 Ultimate but when I try to install the drivers, it say that the computer does not meet the minimum specifications. I think it is something that I have not loaded because it gives this error with every driver, even the wireless network driver

Well, since Starter is only x32bit, I would think that u have only 1GB of RAM.

And u are trying to install x64bit, true?

If yes, than that's your problem. U would need at least 2GB of RAM.
Score
0
December 19, 2011 10:05:51 AM

You should have ran some Windows 7 install advisor before buying/installing a new windows 7 version..

Could you post your notebook specs?
Score
0
December 26, 2011 8:13:59 AM

jsmakkar said:
I don't think there should be any problem in Windows 7 Ultimate installation and most of the drivers should automatically get installed. Hope you are doing clean install.


Yes, it was a clean install. I solved this problem by installing the Service Pack.
Score
0
December 26, 2011 8:17:32 AM

mcnumpty23 said:
youre not trying to load 64bit drivers on a 32 bit os or the other way round are you?


I was trying to load 32 bit Windows. The notebook has 2 gb of memory. After installing the service pack, The drivers were loaded automatically.
Score
0

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2011 8:19:40 AM

Great - your problem is resolved!!! :) 
Share
December 29, 2011 7:08:05 AM

Best answer selected by mstegmann.
Score
0
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
December 29, 2011 7:09:52 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
0
!