Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gaming laptop suggestions

Last response: in Systems
September 11, 2011 3:26:54 AM

Hi I am trying to find a good gaming laptop for a good price, I have decided on a sweet desktop build that I am going to buy, but I have been considering a gaming laptop. My build is gonna be a total of $720, so that is the price I am looking for, I want the best possible performance for that range. (Don't forget battery life is important too.) If this laptop will meet my standards, I MIGHT get it. I kinda prefer desktops because they are more powerful and stuff, but a laptop would be nice.
Any recommendations?
September 11, 2011 3:42:50 AM

Nobody?
m
l
September 11, 2011 4:20:38 AM

Don't get a laptop it waste money and guaranteed it will break over heating is main issue with laptops your just burning money to a black hole get a desktop you already know you want a desktop only people buy gaming laptops are ones that know nothing of PC and think its good buts far from truth
m
l
Related resources
September 11, 2011 4:41:58 AM

bowzef said:
Don't get a laptop it waste money and guaranteed it will break over heating is main issue with laptops your just burning money to a black hole get a desktop you already know you want a desktop only people buy gaming laptops are ones that know nothing of PC and think its good buts far from truth

I would take you seriously if your grammar and punctuation didn't completely suck.
m
l
September 11, 2011 4:54:01 AM

what does grammar have to do with my knowledge?

so much for trying to help you asshole

this is type BS you tell people when people help you you nick pick on peoples grammar YOUR HARDCORE
m
l

Best solution

September 11, 2011 5:48:34 AM

It entirely depends upon what your definition of good is. What games do you want to play? at what setting? FPS?

The asus g51vx-rx05, and the asus g60vx, are both refurbished laptops available to purchase from amazon. They are capable gaming laptops.

I have the g51, and it runs games at high setting with no problems. These laptops do not support quad cores. The fastest cpu upgrade is the t9900 or the x9100 both at 3.06 ghz. I have the t9800@2.93. The stock cpu bottelnecks the gtx260m gpu. This particular model does run hot. However, temperatures can be decreased from 5-15 degrees C, depending upon how much modification you are willing to do.

Bowzef has a valid point. If you truly do not need to game on the go, then i would also suggest that you purchase better components, or better peripherals (perhaps an awesome monitor/gaming mouse/keyboard) for your desktop.

September 16, 2011 12:08:43 AM

I'd get the Asus G53SW-XN1 Laptop: i7 2630QM, GTX 460M, 6GB DDR3, 500GB 7200rpm, 15.6" LED (1920x1080), 8-Cell battery, $793 After $100 Rebate + Free Shipping

The GTX 460M is a high-end mobile card. It can play the majority of games on high at 1080p. They're discussing it in slickdeals here if you want more info: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/58572/newegg-asus-g53sw...'

Although personally, I'd go for a gaming desktop for $800. It would be vastly more powerful. If you want, we can help tweak your desktop components to get you the most for your money.

EDIT: I forgot the product link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
September 24, 2011 9:36:10 PM

Best answer selected by leolego.
m
l
!