Is a radeon hd 6950 2gb an overkill for a AOC 21.5" LED e2240vw?

morkorc

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
asrock p67-pro3
intel i5 2500k
Kinston hyperx 4gb ram ddr3
Sapphire 6950 2gb
Seagate 1TB
Cougar rs550 watts
aoc 21.5" LED e2240vw

are these enough or should i get a lower gpu?...

yeah you will have a nice rig but I would definatley get a new psu from a reliable manufacturer such as antec seasonic corsair or XFX, it will probably run the 6950 fine but there is also a chance that it will crap out on you, so basically if your system stops working you know its the psu imo. But in general the 6950 2 gig is a great choice given your monitor and rig.

morkorc

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
so i should get a more powerful psu or just stick with a 550 watt and get one from a better manufacturer?

is my monitor enough or should i get a bigger one?

thanks for all the input guys :)

you monitor is fine, it is up to personal preference. You should get this psu instead:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020

its not really the wattage the 550w is sufficient but you are going to want to oc your cpu and gpu then give yourself some extra headroom. Its really that cougar is not a known reliable psu brand so I would switch it out for a reliable one like the one I listed above, if you want to go with something a little cheaper id recommend the corsair builders series psus.

Some points:

I recommend the GTX560Ti as one of the best values.

Power Supplies:
1. the most important thing for a gamer is to ensure that the power supply supplies enough current on its 12V rail (or rails). There may be up to FOUR rails, but the total is not added. Never buy a PSU that does not tell you how much current (Amps) the 12V rail(s) supply.

2. 650W is typical for a high-end setup with no more than an HD5870 or 560Ti. Again, pay attention to the Amps for the 12V rail(s).

3. Quality is important.

Summary:
1. Get a GTX560Ti if in doubt, although there may be slightly better deals or even sales.

2. if a new PSU is required, look at places like NCIX, note the 12V Amperage (recommend at least 25% greater than the card you buy), spend time reading on PSU's in general and NEVER buy a PSU for which you have not found a good review.

morkorc

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
thanks :) im going with the tx650 which has better reviews...

now im going to decide which monitor to get....

samsung 23 inch led
[url=http://reviews.in.samsung.com...300BS_XL/samsung-s23a300b-reviews/reviews.htm [/url]

aoc 21.5 inch led
[url=http://gts.rullscorporation.p...ex.php/aoc-e2240vw-21-5-lcd-monitor-eco7.html [/url]

im confused since there arent a lot of reviews about these monitors... i chose them because they are readily available from where i live... which would be the better gaming monitor overall in terms of size and clarity?

techo

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Go with two monitors, I have the 6950 and am currently running four monitors. Problem is, once you go multiple monitors you will never be satisfied with one again....