I just recently got a Phenom II X6 1095T, and I plan on upgrading to the FX-8350 when it comes out. I haven't built a computer in forever, and motherboard choices were much easier 10 years ago. So now, I'm seeking advice.
- I'm going to be using it for gaming, and just about nothing else. (inb4 Intel )
- I do not plan on running Crossfire/SLI at all.
- Looking for 4 DIMM slots.
- I read Tom's Hardware guide on the auto OC utilities. I have never OC'd, and I don't really want to mess around with it greatly to do it all manually. So auto OC is a great feature for me. (:
- I've been searching Newegg, but a lot of people give low eggs for problems that may or may not be related to the motherboard.
- I have no brand loyalty.
- Last but not least, looking to spend ~$125 on it.
I would not buy MSI, especially if you have any interest in overclocking (even auto); many of them have weak VRMs that will pop under the added stress. Sorry, I've got a link to an article on overclock.net and a "trouble chart" they created, but it's at home, not at work. I'd choose something from Asus, ASRock, or Gigabyte.
Sorry, I didn't really specify in the OP. I currently do not have a motherboard for this processor. As far as the processor upgrade, I'm referring to the the FX-8350 (New Steamroller chip). I'll wait to see benchmarks and so forth, but it's something that I plan on upgrading if it's worth while. That's why I'd rather be ready for it with a motherboard that will support it.