Antec 300

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Antec
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
September 11, 2011 9:10:20 AM

Is it any good? I am thinking about buying one as an upgrade, and I'd like to know from people who have had personal experience with it.

Thank you in advance.

More about : antec 300

a b B Homebuilt system
September 11, 2011 11:17:08 AM

The Antec 300 is shoeing it's age with the lack of USB 3 ports on the front of the case.
m
l
September 11, 2011 11:19:33 AM

Never had an Antec 300, i got a HAF 912 Plus for around the same price though that was when it was on offer, from what i gather though the 300 is pretty good and seems to get good feedback from its users.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

September 11, 2011 11:54:25 AM

Good_Humour said:
Is it any good? I am thinking about buying one as an upgrade, and I'd like to know from people who have had personal experience with it.

Thank you in advance.

I own a three hundred, though it is lacking ports and shows its age abit, it is very quite and keeps everything cool, i only added one fan, the side fan, another antec tri-cool. i have the version that came with the 2 front 120s. I find the low setting on all the antec fans is more than enough air flow, and i can barley hear anything. its wide enough for a cooler master hyper 212 plus. some video cards will be too long for it, but no issue with 6870. it would have been nice if it had included a 3.5 inch bay adapter, but its sold separately if you want it. it can be a little cramped to work in the case. the thumb screws it uses for everything are easy enough to work with. its sturdy enough for those of us that are clumsy. cable routing can be an issue though there is some room to stsh them on the back side of the dirve cage . the over all look of the case is clean. just one more note the fans dont use the new 3/4pin they are all molex. ... also just think about it the reset button sucks on the case... just an observation

if you can get the case with the two front fans for under 50 its a deal other wise id say sped a bit more and get a newer/better case

my system runs at idle between 20c-25c and under load 55c cpu is an OC 2600k 4.6, and all fans on low. with all the fans on high idle down to 17c-20c and 48c at load. (the fans on the hyper 212+ get loud though).
September 11, 2011 3:07:06 PM

Best answer selected by good_humour.
m
l
September 11, 2011 3:13:55 PM

hansrotec said:
I own a three hundred, though it is lacking ports and shows its age abit, it is very quite and keeps everything cool, i only added one fan, the side fan, another antec tri-cool. i have the version that came with the 2 front 120s. I find the low setting on all the antec fans is more than enough air flow, and i can barley hear anything. its wide enough for a cooler master hyper 212 plus. some video cards will be too long for it, but no issue with 6870. it would have been nice if it had included a 3.5 inch bay adapter, but its sold separately if you want it. it can be a little cramped to work in the case. the thumb screws it uses for everything are easy enough to work with. its sturdy enough for those of us that are clumsy. cable routing can be an issue though there is some room to stsh them on the back side of the dirve cage . the over all look of the case is clean. just one more note the fans dont use the new 3/4pin they are all molex. ... also just think about it the reset button sucks on the case... just an observation

if you can get the case with the two front fans for under 50 its a deal other wise id say sped a bit more and get a newer/better case

my system runs at idle between 20c-25c and under load 55c cpu is an OC 2600k 4.6, and all fans on low. with all the fans on high idle down to 17c-20c and 48c at load. (the fans on the hyper 212+ get loud though).

Thanks for the help guys. My motherboard doesn't support USB 3.0 natively so that isn't a factor.
m
l
!