No bass coming from back port.

d4l3

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Motherboard: ASUS PH861-MX
Audio Driver: VIA HD Audio Deck

I have a brand new PC but the front stereo port picks up a LOT of noise when playing games and makes screeching noise but is fine when I am just listening to music and watching movies. However now it just makes a crackling noise and keeps saying that I have been plugging/unplugging it.

The back port works fine without any interference but does not have any bass! I like listening to techno and dance so this is a problem! Why is there no bass coming from the back stero but there was from the front? (Both green ports).

cl-scott

Honorable
At first blush, I would say this sounds like a wiring issue, and the two issues could easily be related. If they are both carrying essentially the same signal, and one has some kind of short or signal interference issue, it is not inconceivable that it is feeding back into the back port as well. So just as a quick test, what happens if you disconnect the front ports?

d4l3

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

The back port is a totally different issue to the front. I think the front port is a weiring issue but I think the back is software as I don't get any noise or interference, it is just lacking bass. The back port is the one I want to fix the most as I don't really want to mess things up inside the machine and void warranty.

Latest posts