Question about building my computer with newegg?

apav

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
I'm at college, so I'm sending all the parts I need home, and the next time I'm coming home is December break. I already found deals on newegg for a case, a power supply, and some ram, but my question is this.

What am I going to do if I come home in December and find a part detective? No more returning it. I know a lot of people are going to say "wait till December" but I'm finding really good deals! Besides, it'll take me at least my entire break to find similar deals, so I want all my parts there when I get home.

What happens if I find out in December my power supply that I just ordered today is DOA?? What can I do?

apav

Distinguished
May 20, 2010

I normally would have like 21 days to be able to return it if the product is defective right? How long does this warranty extend it for? And can I contact newegg and purchase the extended warranty after I already purchased the product?

The extended warranty lasts for one year, and I think you have to purchase it at the same time as you purchase the product.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
The extended warranty from Newegg is only useful when the manufacturer warranty ends. When the manufacturer warranty ends (lets say it's 3 years), you still the extended warranty from Newegg that will continue to cover the product. It doesn't extended the 30 day return/replacement period unfortunately.

beenthere

Distinguished
Most any quality component that you are purchasing has a manufacturer's warranty or it's not worth buying.

If you found an item to be new defective, (which is quite rare even though people often THINK a component is defective and return it when it's perfectly fine), then you can contact the manufacturer and they will resolve the issue.

It may not be resolved however while you're home for Christmas... but I wouldn't be concerned about defective products if the "deals" you are buying are quality products. If they are junk parts then you're really just throwing money away because they will fail sooner than later.

If a deal seems too good... there's a reason for it. ;)