Sign in with
Your question

ATI radeon 5450

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 10, 2011 9:26:24 PM

Hi,

I installed a ATI radeon 5450 1gb graphics card in my computer with a Abit fatality fp-in9 SLI motherboard and now when i boot the computer the system hangs for 30 seconds before booting. I hear all the fans start up and then after 30 secs the computer bleeps and starts to boot.

It is defo the gpu because when i put in the old graphics card it boots fine!

I thought maybe updating my bios was the best way to go but i got scared of by people saying its risky. I dont want to damage the computer when after all it does boot in the end. I have the disk that came with the motherboard and this has a live update flash uility and i wondered wether becaus eit was software supplied with it and its a live update weather it is a lot safer?

Does anyone have any experience with this please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s i have tried reinstalling drivers that not the problem

More about : ati radeon 5450

a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2011 9:27:38 PM

Could be your PSU?
July 11, 2011 8:18:24 AM

Its a 720 watt gaming PSU i think it should be fine!
Related resources
July 11, 2011 9:58:12 AM

Hi its fine now. I just put the card into the other pci express slot and switched the SLI card round and for some reason i don't know it works perfectly now :)  if anyone knows why i would be interested just out of curiosity
July 11, 2011 1:41:13 PM

So Is it in the Primary PCi slot now?
July 11, 2011 1:48:22 PM

its in the second one but i moved the SLI card round the other way so i guess it is.
!