I3-2120 RAM WEI too low?

Hello, long time reader 1st time post...
So I am stumped with something. I recently did a new build and my WEI memory score seems rather low.... 5.9....CPU score is 7.2 which seems normal so I am not sure what I am missing here... Maybe someone can help

Intel i3-2120 @ 3.396mhz BLCK set at 102.9
Kingston 4gb DDR3 @ 1,372mhz 8-8-8-22 timings 1.62v http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104221
Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Motherboard
Kingston v100 64gb SSD
7 answers Last reply
More about 2120
  1. The WEI tests the cpu , hdd , ram and video card and the lowest reporting part is your WEI , I don't know why they do it that way but it is and I would think that they would take all the scores and average them but they don't. The WEI is the lowest score of the parts tested. What do you have for a video card ?
  2. Your ram's speed is 1372mhz which is low and that is why the WEI score has it at 5.9 , if it was clocked at 1600mhz you would have a higher WEI for your memory.
  3. all other WEI scores are high. ATI 5770 gpu
    CPU = 7.2
    RAM = 5.9
    GPU1 = 7.5
    GPU2 = 7.5
    HD = 6.9

Also I have tried 1600mhz and i get the same score. I went back to 1333 but used much tighter timings. Still 5.9 RAM score....
  4. it might just be how much of it that there is?, does it decrease with only 2GB?
  5. meaning you want me to try re-running with one ram stick?
  6. ok figured it out. Looks like I still had Intel built in graphics still enabled in bios. Turned it off and now getting 7.5 WEI. I knew something had to be wrong.... Now to get started on some ram overclocking!
  7. suprised that effected the memory score, unless the memory assigned to it was not counted, and therefore it is memory size driven.
Ask a new question

Read More

Kingston Components Product