2x Nvidia 460's in SLI or 560 and 460 running PHYSX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onetap

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
Hi guys,
Here is my Current Setup...

Phenom II 965 Black edition running 3.7Ghz
4GB DDR3 Crucial Balistix Tracer
1TB WD Green Sata HD
Nvidia GTX 460
Nvidia 3d Vision (Acer GD235hz)
MSI nForce 980-G65 MB

Soooooo.....
Im looking forward to the release of Battlefield 3 however im worried that my current Setup will have some trouble...

I wont likely be playing in 3d, im more interested in the multiplayer, however in saying that will my current system run it with everything on high (except AA and AF)?

If not, what would be the best path?

2x GTX 460 SLI

or

1x GTX 460 (for PHYSX)
1x GTX 560 (primary Video Card)

any ideas? suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Yes you can sli the two
sc stands for super clock it is a standard 460 model with an overclock.

you can SLI with a sc ssc ftw and many other just not SE as they have different hardware configurations

but please remember the [strike]carsds[/strike] cardswill always clock down the the speed of the slower card
since you already have a 460, get a second one while there is still stock available. Otherwise you will have to find a good second hand one. a gtx560 is essentially an OC'd 460. With 2 x 460's you wont need a dedicated physics card, fps will be good. "Dont go in SLI because it cause a lot of problem... Make the GTx 460 PhysX and make this Evga 460 Primary and is also just $40 more but is worthed...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] -_-Product" that is horrible advice.

killer8297

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
anything above a gtx 260 would be waste of for physx. Definitely go for the sli as there isn't a lot of games with physx.With SLI you'll notice better performance all around as a mater of fact SLI will out perform single card with physx on physx enabled games.

Yes you can sli the two
sc stands for super clock it is a standard 460 model with an overclock.

you can SLI with a sc ssc ftw and many other just not SE as they have different hardware configurations

but please remember the [strike]carsds[/strike] cardswill always clock down the the speed of the slower card

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.