What setting could this computer run battlefied 3 on?

Odoaker

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
what setting could this computer run battlefied 3 on?

Motherboard
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO USB3 Motherboard ($125)

CPU

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor ($120)

RAM

Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 RAM ($33)

Video Card

EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti ($118)

Hard Drive

Seagate Barracuda 1TB ($55)

DVD Burner

Asus DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS Internal 24x CD/DVD Drive ($25)

Case

Cooler Master RC-310-RWN1-GP Elite 310 Mid-Tower Case ($40)

Power Supply

Cooler Master GX Series 650W ($90)

the frame rates you get are totally dependent on the resolution of the screen you use .
No one can answer your question without that information

However if you are thinking of building that computer : DONT
There are cheaper , newer, better motherboards using the 970 series chipset that can run the next generation AMD processors

Being stuck with a low budget sucks and having to scamble to find the best components you can for the money you have. The one thing I would try to concentrate on and put together the most money you can for is the graphics card. What you have listed for a total is just over $600 and you didn't list the monitor. Of course you didn't say whether you were planning to buy or if you already had this but I would see if I could scrape together a little bit more and get a better video card , maybe a 560 Ti. There is nothing worse then playing a game you have been waiting for at sub par fps and resolutions. Like Outlander said if you can get a cheaper MB then you could put that towards the GPU. Just a thought.

cuecuemore

Distinguished

You can run any of the four possible combinations of manufacturers' GPUs/CPUs and be just fine. Obviously the board you choose must support CF/SLI.

You are right its not that hard , but you got it wrong anyway .

If you build an AMD computer its advisable to use an AM3+ motherboard so you have a processor upgrade path to Bulldozer

starravier

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Well hes on a budget, and if its 600 then i doubt hes going to buy a 955 now, and upgrade to bulldozer. if that was the case u might as well wait.

i havent been following bulldozer too well but i swear they come out before BF3. so if ur building it for that then wait if not, get the board i mentioned. This way you get a CF/SLI board that fits your budget.

johnners2981

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010

Don't know where you heard that but you can CF AMD cards even if you have an intel cpu

x Heavy

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011

Heh. Ok, I am a big boy and can take the shots.

The reason I adopted my position is quite simple. I am typing this on a BSOD Factory made up of one Intel CPU and two CF AMD cards. I swear, one more BSOD it's all going to the scrap pile....