Windows nVidia Display Hardware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

cognitoo

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hello All,

My windows updater is set up to let me choose what to install. I just saw that there is an update called: "nVidia - Display, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460Download size: 151.7 MB"

What is this? Should I trust that it is OK and that it will install without problem? Currently I have driver 260.99 installed and I have had no problems with my GTX460 SLI setup. Is this installation going to try to change my driver?? :non: Should I let it? Should I change my driver if I have had no problems?? I have a feeling that I'm going to hear "if it aint broke don't fix it" as this is my philosophy. My only worry is that I might be missing out on some major breakthrough / development which would turn my 460s into a time machine if installed ~~

Looking forward to your responses.

thanks, Cog

Solution
I will say ignore that windows update.. if you want to update your driver then go to nvidia site and get the latest from there.. i had many issues with windows updated driver.. and now i always ignore that update and check the nvidia site :)

mjsharma

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
I will say ignore that windows update.. if you want to update your driver then go to nvidia site and get the latest from there.. i had many issues with windows updated driver.. and now i always ignore that update and check the nvidia site :)

Solution

cognitoo

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Thank you mjs !! That's exactly what I decided to do .... Nothing. The cards work very well with their current driver but I just wasn't sure if thats what the update was going to do ie replace the driver or update the one I have. Nevertheless you put my mind at ease.

Thanks!

Cog

Status
Not open for further replies.