Star Fox Adventures vs. Luigi's Mansion

Looking at getting a new game for the kids and have narrowed it down to
these two. Any suggestions? I know the kids would like LM, but we rented
it once and had almost all the ghosts by the end of the weekend, and
they're older and faster now. Would the same thing happen with Star Fox
Adventures?

Also, I noticed it's rated T. Is that T like Super Smash Bros., or T like
Tony Hawk? I'd rather not have gory violence, but a little bit of blood in
a cutscene is not too bad.

--
chuk

I have both,I played Luigi's mansion once all the way through it was OK.
I have played SFA all the way through 5 or 6 times, my 5 year old really
likes it too,she plays it almost every day.

Chuk Goodin wrote:
> Looking at getting a new game for the kids and have narrowed it down to
> these two. Any suggestions? I know the kids would like LM, but we rented
> it once and had almost all the ghosts by the end of the weekend, and
> they're older and faster now. Would the same thing happen with Star Fox
> Adventures?

The easist answer is to rent Starfox and see how you like it. You seem
to be talking yourself out of getting Luigi's mansion, so I'd go for
SFA. I really enjoyed playing it, I thought it looked like a very
beautiful game - and excellent parting gift from Rare. The story is
nice, and progesses well. BUT there's very little, well vertually /no/
replay value in the game, but then, you can always sell it on. I
recommend SFA.

I'd definately rent it first.

> Also, I noticed it's rated T. Is that T like Super Smash Bros., or T like
> Tony Hawk? I'd rather not have gory violence, but a little bit of blood in
> a cutscene is not too bad.

Definately a SSB:M "T", there's no blood, or real violence in it at all

Ohhhhh. I thought the dude was talkin' about StarFox: Assault, not
StarFox Adventures.

StarFox Adventures was hideous. But StarFox Assault was fun. I hate how
they're both SFA...

Trex

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2004

"Mr. Hams" <hampika1a2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ohhhhh. I thought the dude was talkin' about StarFox: Assault, not
> StarFox Adventures.
>
> StarFox Adventures was hideous.

What was hideous about it? It's just Zelda with fur................. I
liked em both!!

But StarFox Assault was fun. I hate how
> they're both SFA...

seth

"Chuk Goodin" <cgoodin@sfu.ca> wrote in message
> Looking at getting a new game for the kids and have narrowed it down to
> these two. Any suggestions? I know the kids would like LM, but we rented
> it once and had almost all the ghosts by the end of the weekend, and
> they're older and faster now. Would the same thing happen with Star Fox
> Adventures?
>
> Also, I noticed it's rated T. Is that T like Super Smash Bros., or T like
> Tony Hawk? I'd rather not have gory violence, but a little bit of blood in
> a cutscene is not too bad.

To be perfectly honest, Star Fox Adventures is a mediocre game at best,
while Luigi's Mansion is a better game in general. I suppose for a young
audience Star Fox Adventures would appeal more, but the ending for the game
feels ridiculously tacked on, and the overall feel of the game doesn't fit
the Star Fox universe.

But then, like I said, a young audience wouldn't really care. Either game
is a fair play, I just think SFA has more glaring flaws. And the T rating
is more of a SSBM thing, with cartoonish violence being the driving force
behind the rating rather than blood.
--
A god, an angel and a detective. What do they have in common? Not a thing,
and thats what makes it fun.