Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Does the i5-2500k come with a heatsink?

Last response: in CPUs
December 12, 2011 1:32:06 AM

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...

I'm looking at getting this along with a Z68 mobo, just wondering these 2 questions since the website doesn't say.

1) Does the i5-2500k come with a heatsink in the box?

2) Does the heatsink come with any thermal paste / pads already on it, or would I be doing that?

More about : 2500k heatsink

a c 900 à CPUs
December 12, 2011 1:34:05 AM

Yes and yes! If you are planning to overclock then it is recommended to get an aftermarket cooler!
Score

Best solution

a c 480 à CPUs
December 12, 2011 1:34:35 AM

Yeah, it does. All retail boxed CPUs come with a heatsink. OEM CPUs do not.

The heatsink will already have thermal paste on it.
Related resources
a c 186 à CPUs
December 12, 2011 1:37:42 AM

If you want to overclock it get a hyper 212! Its a great heatsink and is very very cheap!
Score
December 12, 2011 1:48:33 AM

Thanks for the quick replies!

It's been a long time since I've bought a higher-end CPU, the last one came with a heatsink and fan, but I've learned to be very cautious when it comes to what things do not say these days, so I wanted to make sure. Also in terms of it having thermal paste on it already, that's good because even though I've done it, it's probably my least favorite part of any build.

I probably won't be overclocking for a few years, I'm on a bit of a budget, but I'm not willing to cut corners on any parts.. so I have to avoid all the overclocking and maxing out my motherboard until later.

Edit: I wish I could pick all 3 of you for best answer, but since I can't I'll have to go with the one that gave me the most information. Thanks again to all 3 of you!
Score
December 12, 2011 1:51:51 AM

Best answer selected by SeTZerA.
Score
!