Nvidia

spani86

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Dear Sir
I have installed nVidia Graphics card 9400GT in my computer having core 2 duo processor with 1 GB RAM. Whenever I install the graphics card, at the time of booting "NVIDIA" is shown as "F^VIDIA" or "Windows Setup" is shown as "Wifdows set{p". PLease help.
PANI
India

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
The only thing I may say on that is - who is the manufacturer of your graphics card?

Appearing when booting should mean it's in the BIOS - eventually - if any serious problem appears in Windows - to try to flash it /if you can find an appropriate BIOS and the necessary tool, probably on the site of your manufacturer/ - but better I think is to try to contact the manufacturer before that.

spani86

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011

Hi Pepe2907

My card is still giving problems. Though the letters are in order, the start-up screen is having blue dots scattered and some black dots are appearing on the white letter at the time of booting. My card is manufactured by Sparkle.

Recently. I had taken the card to a repairing shop. He repaired and the card was perfect for some 12 hours or so. When it started showing problems again, I detached the card from the CPU and looked at the card in detail. I could find some white material pasted between the fan and the chip. I presume that the card is being overheated while in application and the card needs "heat sink" to be done over again.

Thanking you

Hyderabad
India

If that s the case, thermal paste might be what you need -