No VM Notification

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Any others (especially ATT TDMA customers) having problems receiving
notification when they have Voice Mail messages?

Left message for one ATT customer and they never received notification.
It has now been more than two hours.

So I left two on my cell phone, one with cell off, one with cell on. I
did not get any VM notification. So I decided to check VM anyway and the
two messages were there.

I called Customer Service and let's say it was a less than helpful
conversation.

Thanks for any info.

--
Please send email to: nwhiii at yahoo dot com
3 answers Last reply

    In article <KuednQxlf9kyWTTfRVn-sA@speakeasy.net>,
    Norm <NOSPAM@yahoo.invalid> wrote:

    > Any others (especially ATT TDMA customers) having problems receiving
    > notification when they have Voice Mail messages?
    >
    > Left message for one ATT customer and they never received notification.
    > It has now been more than two hours.
    >
    > So I left two on my cell phone, one with cell off, one with cell on. I
    > did not get any VM notification. So I decided to check VM anyway and the
    > two messages were there.
    >
    > I called Customer Service and let's say it was a less than helpful
    > conversation.

    This happened to me a couple of days ago. Someone left a message for me
    at 4:45pm, and my phone--turned on, sitting on my kitchen counter, with
    plenty of signal--didn't chime at me until 6:15pm, an hour and a half
    later.

    If it happens again, I'm going to have words with Cingular. I'm in a
    good position, as part of a large business account. I won't put up with
    this.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
    > This happened to me a couple of days ago. Someone left a message for me
    > at 4:45pm, and my phone--turned on, sitting on my kitchen counter, with
    > plenty of signal--didn't chime at me until 6:15pm, an hour and a half
    > later.

    I got a note at work advising everybody with corporate Cingular
    accounts to get upgraded SIM cards. Apparently the older cards aren't
    working too well these days, and one of the symptoms is missed
    voicemail notification.

    tg.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <1118539518.989121.113200@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    "tom glaab" <tomglaab@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
    > > This happened to me a couple of days ago. Someone left a message for me
    > > at 4:45pm, and my phone--turned on, sitting on my kitchen counter, with
    > > plenty of signal--didn't chime at me until 6:15pm, an hour and a half
    > > later.
    >
    > I got a note at work advising everybody with corporate Cingular
    > accounts to get upgraded SIM cards. Apparently the older cards aren't
    > working too well these days, and one of the symptoms is missed
    > voicemail notification.
    >
    > tg.

    Hmmmmm. Well, that may explain also why my signal strength is WAY down
    compared to a co-worker's new "orange" phone.

    I'm a "blue" customer, with one helluva plan, so unless they want to
    give me "orange" status on the same terms, I'm not going anywhere. Come
    December, I'll move to Verizon.

    BTW, could you post that note here?

Cingular Internet Service Providers