The Good Lord calls Terri Schiavo home.....

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 31, 2005 3:41:52 PM

But her parents are appealing the decision!
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 4:46:47 PM

Ha ha.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 8:14:31 PM

Her parents were acting on emotion, and public opinion, rather than common
sense.

Bill Crocker

"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message
> But her parents are appealing the decision!

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 1:17:23 AM

On 31 Mar 2005 11:41:52 -0800, "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com>
wrote:

>But her parents are appealing the decision!

Latest news said The Pope phoned her hospital. He want's the tube. He
figures if it's good for the first 15 years, it'll be good for 15
more.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

"Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote:

> Her parents were acting on emotion, and public opinion, rather than
> common sense.
>
> Bill Crocker

Public opinion ran 78/22 against them.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 2:33:34 AM

"Bubbabob" <rnorton@_remove_this_thuntek.net> wrote in message
> "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Her parents were acting on emotion, and public opinion, rather than
> > common sense.
> >
> > Bill Crocker
> >

> Public opinion ran 78/22 against them.

He may have had the immediate local opinion in mind. Over 90% of the
protesters outside the hospice were for the Schindlers. It was the perfect
stage for the ACLU, Jesse Jackson, Pivone, staunch Roman Catholics, women's
rights groups, and anyone else who wanted to hold up a sign on national TV.
That kind of pressure on the Schindlers could have been daunting.

Ron
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 2:43:25 AM

I would suggest that those posting inappropriately to rec.photo.digital not
put it up to public opinion as to whether they should live or die...I for
one would be for pulling whatever of their plugs could be found. And then I
would vote for plugging them a few times just to be sure.

"Ron Krebs" <rkrebs11@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Bubbabob" <rnorton@_remove_this_thuntek.net> wrote in message
> > "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Her parents were acting on emotion, and public opinion, rather than
> > > common sense.
> > >
> > > Bill Crocker
> > >

> > Public opinion ran 78/22 against them.
>
> He may have had the immediate local opinion in mind. Over 90% of the
> protesters outside the hospice were for the Schindlers. It was the perfect
> stage for the ACLU, Jesse Jackson, Pivone, staunch Roman Catholics,
women's
> rights groups, and anyone else who wanted to hold up a sign on national
TV.
> That kind of pressure on the Schindlers could have been daunting.
>
> Ron

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 6:24:53 AM

Owamanga wrote:

> Latest news said The Pope phoned her hospital. He want's the tube. He
> figures if it's good for the first 15 years, it'll be good for 15
> more.

What kind of stupid usage is "want's"? Why did you put an apostrophe in
there? Where did you ever see that before?

Gary Eickmeier
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 6:39:18 AM

> What kind of stupid usage is "want's"? Why did you put an apostrophe in
> there? Where did you ever see that before?
>
> Gary Eickmeier

It's faith based punctuation.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 12:02:22 PM

I don't like Terri's Dad, Bob. He said he would allow doctors to cut
Terri's extremities as far as they don't remove the feeding tude from
her.

Terri Schiavo Memorial: http://www.Terri-Schiavo-Memorial.com
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 4:14:35 PM

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:24:53 GMT, Gary Eickmeier
<geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>Owamanga wrote:
>
>> Latest news said The Pope phoned her hospital. He want's the tube. He
>> figures if it's good for the first 15 years, it'll be good for 15
>> more.
>
>What kind of stupid usage is "want's"? Why did you put an apostrophe in
>there?

It's a secret's.

>Where did you ever see that before?

<Brings out the google argument>

Google want's: 213,000 hits
Google want's in discussion groups: 96,500 hits.

Which goes to show, the world is full of illiterates. Approximately
0.03% of the time, the apostrophe is used for this secret purpose.

I do own a copy of Eats Shoots and Leaves, but haven't read it yet.
I also have a copy of Strunk & White - Elements of Style, which I
*have* read, so really have no excuse except for the conspiracy
theory.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:24:53 GMT, Gary Eickmeier wrote:

> What kind of stupid usage is "want's"? Why did you put an
> apostrophe in there? Where did you ever see that before?

So stupid in fact that one might think it's stupid to assume that
"want's" is anything but a typo. Ain'tcha never done seen none'a
them before?
!