Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Chassis fans connected to MB

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Connection
Last response: in Motherboards
September 22, 2012 5:27:03 AM

hi, I was using some pretty bad and noisy fans, connected directly to the PSU, now I replaced them, but the new ones don't have the PSU connection hi, I was using some pretty bad and noisy fans, connected directly to the PSU, now I replaced them, but the new ones don't have the PSU connection so I had to connect the directly to the MB by the 3 pins connector, the problem is that they are no spinning... how could I turn them on or something... help please...

MB = MSI P45 Platinum
PSU = Corsair 750TX
New fans = Arctic cooling F8

thanks

More about : chassis fans connected

September 22, 2012 5:49:39 AM

yes molex should be the solution, is just that is my family PC and I can't leave it with no fans, so I would have to remove them all and replace them again with the old ones, just to go tomorrow or another day to the store, buy some molex adapters and then connect them all again... how could it be that the MB has five 3 pins chassis fans plugins and it doesn't work???... not a single one
m
l
a c 778 V Motherboard
September 22, 2012 5:57:12 AM

if it a pre built pc dell or hp good the model number of the pc and find the mb info. most vendor will put the mb info on line..you be able to se if the mb has 5 fan ports and if there any seting in the bios to turn them on. if the mb connectors have 4 pins and then fans 3. you have to make sure the 3 pins fans are on pin one of the mb connector.
m
l
October 2, 2012 12:17:12 AM

Finally it was all about my inexperience with fan connections, I had to connect them to the 4 pin slot, where you usually connect the CPU fan, the fans were a serie connection, so they were all connected one to another and the 3 pin plug is just for controlling through softwares and monitorization....

sorry about my english, I don't know if I wrote it good, :D  but I think is understandable.
m
l