TEMP FILES

CAN THE FILES AND FOLDERS FOUND IN: "NAME/LOCAL
SETTINGS/TEMP" AND "NAME/LOCAL SETTINGS/TEMP INTERNET
FILES" BE SAFELY DELETED. ie. IF I DELETE THEM, WILL
SOFTWARE/HARDWARE MALFUNCTION? THE 2 FOLDERS ARE EATING
UP MY HD. IN WIN98, THE FILES/FOLDERS IN THE TEMP FOLDER
COULD BE SAFELY DELETED WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. IS IT TRUE
FOR THESE 2 FOLDERS?
1 answer Last reply
More about temp files

    All the contents of Temp folders can be safely deleted.
    Do not delete the folder.
    Reboot first to be sure they are not in use.

    Also please do not use ALL CAPS in newsgroups.
    ALL CAPS is considered shouting and rude.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "MJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > CAN THE FILES AND FOLDERS FOUND IN: "NAME/LOCAL
    > SETTINGS/TEMP" AND "NAME/LOCAL SETTINGS/TEMP INTERNET
    > FILES" BE SAFELY DELETED. ie. IF I DELETE THEM, WILL
    > SOFTWARE/HARDWARE MALFUNCTION? THE 2 FOLDERS ARE EATING
    > UP MY HD. IN WIN98, THE FILES/FOLDERS IN THE TEMP FOLDER
    > COULD BE SAFELY DELETED WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. IS IT TRUE
    > FOR THESE 2 FOLDERS?

Configuration Windows XP