Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8Z77-V skips bios post goes directly into Win7

Last response: in Motherboards
September 22, 2012 7:39:50 AM

This is my issue fallowed by specs.
Im not sure why but when I boot up it flashes asus real fast not allowing me to enter Bios and goes directly into Win7. Yes I have tried every sequence of holding / tapping ESC. I just built the pc about 2 weeks ago and this is a new problem that just started. Steps I have taken so far trying to fix issue. I took all the steps to CMOS, and Take out battery when I rebooted it alowed me to enter Bios but only until I reboot. So I reloaded the most recent Bios. Still it just booted directly into win7. I unplugged all SATA cables rebooted and it booted into BIOS. So I l plugged in my SSD and HDD without dvd and BD drives still went directly into Win7. Im not sure what steps I need to take or if there is just some setting in BIOS im missing I would think that resetting and going to defaults should have fixed problem If it was working before. Any help would be Great! thank you.

note: While in BIOS all ram shows up fine and working also shows in win as working fine. And when I am in the BIOS my BOOT DEVICE LED is lit up but turns off once it boots into windows.

Asus P8Z77-V
i7 3770k
corsiar Vengeance 8Gx2|CORSAIR CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9
intel 520 SSD 120gb
WD 1TB HDD
Nvidia Quadro 600
Asus BD burner
Asus DVD burner
corsair ax650 psu
cooler master v8
corsair obsidian 550 case
a c 229 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
September 23, 2012 2:39:12 AM

In Windows 7, do you shutdown or hibernate the system? You described what happens when a system is in hibernation mode, i.e., you can't enter the BIOS configuration screen when you power it up.
m
l
September 23, 2012 3:43:02 AM

Just an update i removed ram switched locations, tried with just one all booted directly into windows. I pulled my gpu ran it with just onboard still same. Cleared CMOS every step no change. Could this be a software issue? I might reload Windows and start fresh to see if it was Just a software issue.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 23, 2012 3:45:33 AM

GhislainG said:
In Windows 7, do you shutdown or hibernate the system? You described what happens when a system is in hibernation mode, i.e., you can't enter the BIOS configuration screen when you power it up.

I can completely shut machine power off switch in back and still same problem. Boots directly into windows. I have hibernation set to never in my advanced settings.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 23, 2012 6:42:57 AM

Ah. Turn off your computer - Keep clicking del del del (or whatever the key is used for getting into bios settings - it may be F2), click the power on button from your other hand - KEEP PRESSING THE BUTTON - LIKE A MAD MAN! *pressprespresspresspress* <- Like this.

If you get into bios, get into the boot options and change your POST Time Delay to at least 3 seconds.
m
l
September 28, 2012 11:57:17 PM

Thanks for the responses. I Tried just about everything and then opened her up unplugged everything and plugged it all back and booted up perfect must have had something come loose while moving from my house to office.
m
l
!