Sign in with
Your question

What is the max memory for a dell dimension 2350

Last response: in CPUs
December 12, 2011 5:03:59 PM

what will be the max RAM for a dell dimension 2350 and which dual graphics video can i use for two monitors on the same dell 2350
a b à CPUs
December 12, 2011 5:16:36 PM

1 GB is the max memory, with two DDR 512 MB sticks at PC2100 (266-MHz).

I'm not even sure it can handle a video card, much less two. For one, your PSU is only 200 watts. You are going to need far more than that for any modern card. Also, this thing is slow... maybe I'm reading the wrong spec sheet on this, but max CPU was a P4 2.5 Ghz?!

I found a picture online of its internals. Looks like you'll be limited to a PCI card, so no SLI or Crossfire for you. Single card is all you'll going to get from it. I'm not sure which PCI based card out performs what and how, but the higher cards need a PSU of 400 Watts or higher.
m
l
a c 146 à CPUs
December 12, 2011 6:06:04 PM

As with pretty much all prebuilt computers your going to be limited with what you can do with it. Your not going to be able to do Crossfire Or Sli. Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing I don't know if you can put any discreet high end video card because it doesn't look like it has a PCI-e 16X slot.
The CPU is outdated and slow. Keeping with Dell's tradition of selling cheap garbage this is no exception.
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2011 7:26:15 AM

Maximum memory for a Dimension 2350 is 2gb (2 x 1gb). I can confirm from personal experience that a GSKILL PC3200 2 x 1gb matched pair kit (with the red head spreaders) will be fully recognized, both in BIOS setup and Windows.

I have tested the 2350 with two different discrete graphics cards, the Powercolor 4350 and the Sparkle 8400GS. I recommend the latter, as it is an easy install and fully accelerates video, including Blu-ray.

Edit: as noted, only PCI cards can be used, but the stock power supply is perfectly adequate for the 8400GS, and the card will deliver the full Windows 7 UI experience.
m
l
February 16, 2012 3:10:05 AM

Maxster said:
Maximum memory for a Dimension 2350 is 2gb (2 x 1gb). I can confirm from personal experience that a GSKILL PC3200 2 x 1gb matched pair kit (with the red head spreaders) will be fully recognized, both in BIOS setup and Windows.

I have tested the 2350 with two different discrete graphics cards, the Powercolor 4350 and the Sparkle 8400GS. I recommend the latter, as it is an easy install and fully accelerates video, including Blu-ray.

Edit: as noted, only PCI cards can be used, but the stock power supply is perfectly adequate for the 8400GS, and the card will deliver the full Windows 7 UI experience.

Whats the exact part number on that memory looking to upgrade my freebie for the kids? Thanx, Chad
m
l
!