CPU usage around 30% and under ALWAYS, HELP!

Thegamesterkid

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
OK so System specs are here
2 radeon 6870s in xfire
8 gig 1366 mhz or around there
500gig hardrive
As-rock p980 fx or something like that not sure
and a phenom 2 x4 965 @ 3.4
Also 650 watt power supply. Yes i know this is to little power im getting a new one in a week
So anyway i think this may be a defective cpu or just not enough power cause Ive done benchmarks and benchamarks on my cpu and gpu heres a few
3d mark 11 gpu 8000 something
cpu 4000 something
ill play gta 4 with a trainer spawn 100 people and it will just crash it stays at 30 fps on max but then if i spawn to many it crashes same with skyrim probably an game engine failure idk. But i just wanted to know if theres like any solution to making your cpu work harder like forcing it to because even in furmak and the one with the floating island it stays around 30% usage?????????? Help is aprecciated.

take out a GPU and see if that helps things. Most likely there is just not enough power in the system, and computers do bizarre things when they are in need of a little juice. Repost the problem after you get the new PSU if the problem persists.

Its likely the PSU is to blame. Typically a CPU either works or it doesn't. A CPU that under performs is suffering from some type of related hardware problem usually.
If you are certain your CPU is bottlenecking the graphics cards, then I would try a couple things:
1) OC your CPU-Set the multiplier to 18X. That would give you 3.6 Ghz, but I doubt if it would change any benchmarks. BTW, what cooler are you using? How are your temps?
2) Turn off cool and quiet. This will keep the CPU from throttling down and it will run at full speed continuously.

3)Remove one card and run the benchmarks again.